Bargain Subscriptions to Comic Books

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

jonah
Reviewer

Bargain Subscriptions to Comic Books

Post by jonah »

Hi all. This may be common knowledge to some. http://www.tanga.com on occasion sales subscriptions to DC Comics. They have one today (15 Sep 2011) for Catwoman. Every time I've seen one posted there's always a coupon code that lowers the price of the subscription to less than a dollar a comic. In today's case, the code is CATWOMAN which takes $14 off the price of the subscription making it 10.99 for 12 issues. I've managed to score subscriptions over the last four months to Batman, Superman, Batman Dark Knight, Batman & Robin, Green Lantern, and now Catwoman at these prices. Most aren't titles I'd typically read but at this price, delivered to my doorstep, I can't turn them down.

For those not familiar with tanga.com, it's a one day sale site much like woot.com.

Comics are sent in plastic with a DC subscription form enclosed . To date, my comics have always arrive in good condition though I've had to train my mail delivery person not to fold them when placing them in the mail box. Comics typically arrive 1 - 2 weeks after they've been in the LCS and are sent via DC comics normal subscription service.

Apologies to any who are already aware of this or aren't interested in bargain hunting.
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

It's funny that the picture they put up is from the many moons ago Jim Balent Catwoman series as opposed to a "new 52" Catwoman image.
Trev
Master Reviewer

Post by Trev »

If only I knew whether or not catwoman was going to be any good. less than $1 an issue is sure a good deal.
jkarguth
Fan

Post by jkarguth »

Does the price change through out the day. When I went to the site it was $25 for a year subscription. I tried to find out if this was the case on the website, but no luck. Still a good deal and a cool site, just a bit perplexing.
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

jkarguth wrote:Does the price change through out the day. When I went to the site it was $25 for a year subscription. I tried to find out if this was the case on the website, but no luck. Still a good deal and a cool site, just a bit perplexing.
You need to use a code..... it says up above:
Every time I've seen one posted there's always a coupon code that lowers the price of the subscription to less than a dollar a comic. In today's case, the code is CATWOMAN which takes $14 off the price of the subscription making it 10.99 for 12 issues.
I assume you use the code when checking out via your shopping cart.
jonah
Reviewer

Post by jonah »

BobBretall wrote:
jkarguth wrote:Does the price change through out the day. When I went to the site it was $25 for a year subscription. I tried to find out if this was the case on the website, but no luck. Still a good deal and a cool site, just a bit perplexing.
You need to use a code..... it says up above:
Every time I've seen one posted there's always a coupon code that lowers the price of the subscription to less than a dollar a comic. In today's case, the code is CATWOMAN which takes $14 off the price of the subscription making it 10.99 for 12 issues.
I assume you use the code when checking out via your shopping cart.
Yep, use the code CATWOMAN during the checkout process and it'll subtract the $14 from the price.
jkarguth
Fan

Post by jkarguth »

Wow, I feel silly. I read that the first time, and forgot about it when I came back to the board. Thanks Bob and Jonah.
jonah
Reviewer

JLA @ < $1 per issue

Post by jonah »

Hi,

If you happen to read this by 11:59PM on 16th Sept 2011, you can pick up a year subscription to JLA at http://www.tanga.com for less than a dollar an issue. Just apply the coupon code AMERICA and your good to go for 12 issues for 10.99.
jonah
Reviewer

Swamp thing Subscription now active - 20 Sept 2011

Post by jonah »

http://www.tanga.com now (20 sept 2011) has the Swamp Thing Comic subscription available. Add the Coupon Code SWAMP during check out and the price is 10.99 for 12 issues. Less than a buck per book.

Seems I'll be getting more of the new 52 is floppies than anticipated as they keep offering cheap subscriptions. :-)
Gilgabob
Special Reviewer

Post by Gilgabob »

I jumped on that Swamp Thing. 10.99 for 12 issues is a bargain.

I'm curious as to where you are finding the discount code. I can't seem to find it. I appreciate that you posted it but I'd hate to miss one of these deals in the future because I didn't know the code.

Thanks for posting!
jonah
Reviewer

Post by jonah »

Gilgabob wrote:I jumped on that Swamp Thing. 10.99 for 12 issues is a bargain.

I'm curious as to where you are finding the discount code. I can't seem to find it. I appreciate that you posted it but I'd hate to miss one of these deals in the future because I didn't know the code.

Thanks for posting!
Sometimes (and only sometimes) the code is posted at techbargains.com or another bargain website. However, I've found the code is typically the first or last part of the title. The title run together. Or I think once it was dccomics. I generally go through the check out routine a poke a few codes in until the discount works.

Will continue to post when I see them. They've run 3 in a fairly narrow window which is unusual. My past experience has been one pops up every 2 - 4 weeks.
jonah
Reviewer

Batman 10.99- Today 25th SEP 2011

Post by jonah »

Anyone looking? www.tanga.com has Batman available for 10.99 for a 12 month subscription.

That's about 92 cents an issue delivered to your door. Hard to beat.
jonah
Reviewer

Batman and Robin

Post by jonah »

Today only, 28th Sep 2011, www.tanga.com has Batman and Robin 12th month subscription for 24.99. Use Coupon code BATMAN and the price drops to 10.99 (less than a dollar an issue).
dbm
Reviewer

Post by dbm »

wtf? Tanga usually has like 2 comic deals a year. Now it's every week. Not that I'm complaining.
jonah
Reviewer

Scooby Do

Post by jonah »

Not my thing but if you've got kids (or yourself interested) today only, http://www.tanga.com has a 12 month subscription for Scooby do for 19.99. Apply the coupon code SCOOBYSNACK during the check out process knocks it down to 10.99 for less than a dollar an issue.