Bargain Subscriptions to Comic Books

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

ctowner1
Master Reviewer

Post by ctowner1 »

dbm wrote:
ctowner1 wrote:Batman 14 came out on the 14th, and JL 14 came out on the 21st. Still don't have either. Anyone who ordered these have either?

e
L nny
I got Batman a couple of days ago. (IL)
damn! Still don't have either Bat 14 or JL 14. Sucks!

e
L nny
Z-GIRL & THE 4 TIGERS!
boshuda
Special Reviewer

Post by boshuda »

Batman came in a while ago, Justice League came in yesterday. Western New York here.
jonah
Reviewer

Post by jonah »

Both received in Connecticut. JL showed up yesterday. Bat's sometime last week.
ctowner1
Master Reviewer

Post by ctowner1 »

jonah wrote:Both received in Connecticut. JL showed up yesterday. Bat's sometime last week.
hmmm. So is there a customer service number on the subscriptions that you can call to find out what's the status of a book?

I bought the subscription through Tanga.com. Would I go through their customer service? Or are thy just a middleman, and I need to go through DC's subscription dept?

Update: You can call DC directly - For questions about your subscription to DC Comics, call 1-800-887-6789. They told me I should have received Batman 14 already, so they are sending my a replacement copy. Looks good in terms of customer service here!

e
L nny
Z-GIRL & THE 4 TIGERS!
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

ctowner1 wrote: I bought the subscription through Tanga.com. Would I go through their customer service? Or are thy just a middleman, and I need to go through DC's subscription dept?

Update: You can call DC directly - For questions about your subscription to DC Comics, call 1-800-887-6789. They told me I should have received Batman 14 already, so they are sending my a replacement copy. Looks good in terms of customer service here!
Yeah, Tanga was a middleman. I don't think they do comics subs any more. I was looking on their site for Black Friday & there's not even a category for Comics or magazines. I did get 2 car chargers for my mobile phone for about $10 with shipping, so that was a good deal, though.

And I'll need to keep that 800 number in mind if I don't get my Batman by tomorrow (which will be 2 weeks after the street date).
ctowner1
Master Reviewer

Post by ctowner1 »

BobBretall wrote: Yeah, Tanga was a middleman. I don't think they do comics subs any more. I was looking on their site for Black Friday & there's not even a category for Comics or magazines. I did get 2 car chargers for my mobile phone for about $10 with shipping, so that was a good deal, though.
Interesting - I actually checked the site to see if they had any Black Friday sales over the past weekend and they DID have comics listed (I don't recall what day i checked). but I just looked now, and they're no longer on the site.

I got some Mach3 razor blades on the site for a good price (but they come out of the regular package, so that looped a little shady!).

Also, if you're going to check out the site from work, make sure to go to tAnga.com and NOT to go to tEnga.com! lol

e
L nny
Z-GIRL & THE 4 TIGERS!
jonah
Reviewer

Post by jonah »

ctowner1 wrote: Update: You can call DC directly - For questions about your subscription to DC Comics, call 1-800-887-6789. They told me I should have received Batman 14 already, so they are sending my a replacement copy. Looks good in terms of customer service here!

e
L nny
Have dealt with DC's subscription service Customer service a couple of times. They are exceptionally helpful & friendly.
ctowner1
Master Reviewer

Post by ctowner1 »

So, of course, I get home last night and BOTH Batman 14 and JL 14 are waiting for me!!

e
L nny
Z-GIRL & THE 4 TIGERS!
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

ctowner1 wrote:So, of course, I get home last night and BOTH Batman 14 and JL 14 are waiting for me!!
I got both of these today.
ctowner1
Master Reviewer

Post by ctowner1 »

BobBretall wrote:
ctowner1 wrote:So, of course, I get home last night and BOTH Batman 14 and JL 14 are waiting for me!!
I got both of these today.
ha! So had you called them before you got them?

I guess given that Bat 14 came out a week before JL 14, they must have just had some problems during the earlier week, given that both of us had the delay. Odd that the customer service person didn't know about it - b/c she told me I definitely should have received the Bat 14 by the time I had called her.

e
L nny
Z-GIRL & THE 4 TIGERS!
torchsong
Special Reviewer

Post by torchsong »

Got my Batman yesterday as well...holy crap that's a dark book! Yikes.

Great stuff though!

No JL yet. Maybe it'll show up today.
"That...that HAIR!!!" - Deadpool, Deadpool #11
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

ctowner1 wrote: ha! So had you called them before you got them?
No.
ctowner1
Master Reviewer

Post by ctowner1 »

Another sale:

https://www.tanga.com/deals/superheroes ... dium=email

Enter coupon code HEROES and it's $15.99 (for 24 hours - not sure when it began).

e
L nny
Z-GIRL & THE 4 TIGERS!
jonah
Reviewer

Post by jonah »

ctowner1 wrote:Another sale:

https://www.tanga.com/deals/superheroes ... dium=email

Enter coupon code HEROES and it's $15.99 (for 24 hours - not sure when it began).

e
L nny
Actually looks like it's running for the next 34 hours starting now. Titles Include:
Batman : Dark Knight
Batman
Aquaman
Wonder Woman
Superman
Green Lantern
Justice League
Teen Titans
Detective

As a number of these are $3.99 titles, this is a sweet deal.

Makes it hard to stay digital.
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

I like this for the $3.99 comics. I think I'll add on Detective comics to the ones I'm getting already.