Bargain Subscriptions to Comic Books

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

jonah
Reviewer

Re: Bargain Subscriptions to Comic Books

Post by jonah »

Almost missed these and have no idea how long they'll last. Eight DC titles @ 1.25 per issue. 1 Year subscription.

http://www.discountmags.com/promos/comi ... a=dealnews
jonah
Reviewer

Post by jonah »

Tanga again is offering some nice subscription rates. 14.99 for the year for the main DC titles: Aquaman, Batman, Batman & Robin, Batman:Dark Knight, Cat Woman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Superman, & Teen Titans.

UPDATE: Sale now extends through the 28th of June.

https://www.tanga.com/deals/summer-comi ... _source=cj
jonah
Reviewer

Post by jonah »

jonah wrote:Tanga again is offering some nice subscription rates. 14.99 for the year for the main DC titles: Aquaman, Batman, Batman & Robin, Batman:Dark Knight, Cat Woman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Superman, & Teen Titans.

UPDATE: Sale now extends through the 28th of June.

https://www.tanga.com/deals/summer-comi ... _source=cj
Sorry. Just bumping this so the date on the post updates.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

jonah wrote:Sorry. Just bumping this so the date on the post updates.
No need to apologize. That is a great deal and bumping the topic to help make sure people are aware of it is perfectly fine.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
ctowner1
Master Reviewer

Post by ctowner1 »

SO if you have a subscription and there's a few months left on it and one of these sales come up, can you still buy the new subscription and it will pick up when your sub ends? Or will you end up with duplicate books from the overlap?

e
L nny
Z-GIRL & THE 4 TIGERS!
ctowner1
Master Reviewer

Post by ctowner1 »

SO if you have a subscription and there's a few months left on it and one of these sales come up, can you still buy the new subscription and it will pick up when your sub ends? Or will you end up with duplicate books from the overlap?

e
L nny
Z-GIRL & THE 4 TIGERS!
jonah
Reviewer

Post by jonah »

ctowner1 wrote:SO if you have a subscription and there's a few months left on it and one of these sales come up, can you still buy the new subscription and it will pick up when your sub ends? Or will you end up with duplicate books from the overlap?

e
L nny
I've renewed once and it picked up after my current one ended . As long as you use the same name and address it shouldn't be an issue. No pun intended.
ctowner1
Master Reviewer

Post by ctowner1 »

jonah wrote:
ctowner1 wrote:SO if you have a subscription and there's a few months left on it and one of these sales come up, can you still buy the new subscription and it will pick up when your sub ends? Or will you end up with duplicate books from the overlap?

e
L nny
I've renewed once and it picked up after my current one ended . As long as you use the same name and address it shouldn't be an issue. No pun intended.
thanks, Jonah. Wish I were a little quicker on the draw though - looks like I missed the sale. oh well. I was kind of on the fence on resubscribing anyway - the comics don't always arrive in perfect shape. In fact, my latest issue came bad enough that I'm going to call to complain. Still, the price was pretty damn good in general.

e
L nny
Z-GIRL & THE 4 TIGERS!
jonah
Reviewer

Post by jonah »

ctowner1 wrote:
jonah wrote:

e
L nny
thanks, Jonah. Wish I were a little quicker on the draw though - looks like I missed the sale. oh well. I was kind of on the fence on resubscribing anyway - the comics don't always arrive in perfect shape. In fact, my latest issue came bad enough that I'm going to call to complain. Still, the price was pretty damn good in general.

e
L nny
Yeah, anyone who expects these subscription copies to be 'bag and board' quality should probably look else where. Typically, mine arrive in good shape though I've had the bent corners and folded books. Usually it's my mail carrier who is inflicting the damage. That whole 'do not bend' concept is beyond her.

What I have found with the helter skelter way DC has put their books out is the subscription is a better value than expected. I haven't missed an issue because I'm on subscription (in theory a pull list at an LCS would provide this but hasn't always been the case in my experience) and I get the 'special' issues at an even more special price. The $7.99 issues have come just like the regular $2.99 issues with no penalty for the change in cover price. Hard to beat.

Hope to post more of these bargains as I see them.
jonah
Reviewer

Post by jonah »

Wow, they're back again already and this time up looks like they'll be available all week. Same Nine DC titles at 14.99 for the year. Still a great bargain with to your mail box delivery. Also, as I mentioned last post, once you've paid for the year, you'll get your twelve issues regardless of whether the cover price changes.

https://www.tanga.com/deals/summer-comi ... alnews.com
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

Given that all of the DC New 52 titles in September 2013 are $3.99, this might be an even better deal than usual. I'm also starting to wonder how much longer Dc will hold the line at $2.99. My gut feeling is the number of $2.99 titles is going to continue to decline over the next year.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
jonah
Reviewer

Post by jonah »

JohnMayo wrote:Given that all of the DC New 52 titles in September 2013 are $3.99, this might be an even better deal than usual. I'm also starting to wonder how much longer Dc will hold the line at $2.99. My gut feeling is the number of $2.99 titles is going to continue to decline over the next year.
Agreed. Noticed in the Solicits this month that Justice League Dark was a $3.99 book. That may just be for the Forever Evil tie-in but I'm thinking anything with justice league in the title may automatically warrant a 3.99 book from here on out.

Also, seems that whether the book is 2.99 or 3.99 that the page count is 32. Thought the 3.99 books used to be 40 pages ?

And to re-emphasize my point about extra size books being a benefit when you go the subscription route, Batman #24 is solicited as a double size book ... which would still cost you only $1.25 via the subscription route.

Final predict. Some books will hold the 2.99 price (hell, even Marvel is doing this on some titles) but the vast majority of DC books that have steady sales (Batman titles & JLx titles) will move to the 3.99 price point with maybe, maybe a couple of extra pages.
Titles such as Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, etc ... hard call as I think some of those books would lose enough readership to get uncomfortably close to the cancellation threshold.

The vertigo Titles will probably see a lesser bump up ($3.50?) with the kids books hanging on at $2.99.

And a quick Thanks to DC for holding the prices as long as they have as well as making their trades more affordable than the competition (I'm talking to you Marvel).
jonah
Reviewer

Bargain Subscriptions to Comic Books (27 - 29 Jul 2013)

Post by jonah »

Looks like they're available for this weekend + Monday (?). Eight titles for 14.99 for a one year subscription. Good deal. Think particularly in the case of the Batman title as it seems to be going for a cover price of 3.99 these days more often than not.

https://www.tanga.com/deals/woot-comic-book-sale
jonah
Reviewer

Bargain Subscriptions Batman - 13.99 for 12 months

Post by jonah »

Not sure how long this link lasts ... supposedly 'while supplies last.' Use code BATMAN on checkout to drop the price down to 13.99 for a 12 month subscription.

https://www.tanga.com/deals/691e1c8516/ ... bscription
jonah
Reviewer

New Bargains available --

Post by jonah »

Not the best I've seen but not bad. 12 DC titles at 16.99 a piece for the year. Applying the codes DEALNEWSCOMICSALE and DEALNEWSCOMIC should (it's a bit wonky) drop them to 14.75 each for 12 issues. Follow the link below.

And as a reminder, they have Justice League of America & Action comics for 17.99 for a year's subscription which is pretty good for regular 3.99 books.

http://www.discountmags.com/promos/deal ... a=dealnews