Tom Taylor on Earth 2: Opinions?

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

ComicTrekker
Fan

Tom Taylor on Earth 2: Opinions?

Post by ComicTrekker »

I just read Tom Taylor's debut on Earth 2 a second time. I enjoyed it more than I did in my first read. I was a bit surprised to see some specific themes repeated from two other current DC events: Forever Evil and Injustice Gods Among Us (another Tom Taylor book, of course.) this was a turn off to me on my first read, but after the second read I think I liked the execution, overall. Thoughts?
By the way: I continue to love the podcast! I have not posted much at all but have not missed an episode. The chemistry between Jon and Drew is excellent!
drew
Master Reviewer

Re: Tom Taylor on Earth 2: Opinions?

Post by drew »

Hey thanks-it's great to hear positive feedback,

I am looking forward to reading Tom Taylor's debut on Earth 2 but haven't yet, love what he's doing on Injustice, so fingers crossed
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

Thanks for the feedback. I'm have a great time talking with Drew about comics every week and I'm glad you are enjoy those conversation too.

I read the latest issue just a little while ago and enjoyed it. While some themes are not unique to the title, the execution was good and the take on the themes was different enough from elsewhere that it didn't bother me at all. I'm looking forward to seeing this title evolve under Taylor's watch. He has done brilliant work on Injustice: Gods Among Us and I think Earth 2 is a great place for him. It is in-continuity but not in the middle of the mainstream continuity giving him access to "real versions" of familiar characters without being at major risk of having his story knocked around by the ramifications of events in other titles.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

not the revolutionary debut i was hoping for but a good read and i will definitely stick around for some more issues to see what he does w/ the title
the1captain
Reviewer

Post by the1captain »

I just read all of earth 2 up to the end of Robinson's run. Started of better than it ended. I do find the world itself interesting and how different it is from the dcu. I read injustice and liked that a lot more than I expected. So I might try the first few issues of Taylor's run.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

yeah i feel the same way , will give it a few issues and see how he does
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

Okay i like the tom taylor earth 2 after first two issues, was lukewarm on the title at first and then Blammo
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
batman shot joker in the head
that won me over, i am sticking around
the1captain
Reviewer

Post by the1captain »

It's not bad so far. My only problem is that I just caught up on Tom Taylor's Injustice series. I really liked that. But reading it so close to reading his Earth 2 material feels like he is telling almost the same story in both series. An out of control Superman taking over, ect. I know the details are different. But I'm still giving this a few more issues.