Welcome to the forum / Introduce Yourself

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Re: Welcome to the forum / Introduce Yourself

Post by JohnMayo »

alienal121 wrote:Hello Everybody!
What is your real name? My name is Alan. You can "Call me Al" or Alan.
How old are you? I just recently turned 60.
What do you do for a living? I'm an English teacher in Japan.
What kinds of comic books do you like? I like a variety of comics including Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse, Archie, etc.
About how many comic book issues a week/month do you buy? I think I average about 35 to 40 a month, but due to prices increases, I might have to cut down.
Do you buy mainly issues, trades, digital? Still sticking with the single issues for now.
How many do you read every week/month? I usually 3 or 4 a day once I get my shipment.
How long have you been reading comics? I've been reading comics since 1966. I think my first comic was one my father bought me, Batman #186, "The Joker's Original Robberies"
How long have you been listening to the Comic Book Page podcast? I've been listening off and on for about 5 years. I think I heard John on the CGS podcast a couple of times, then I followed him to his own podcast and listened until I got overwhelmed with trying to listen to too many podcasts. Now I'm back and listen semi-regularly. Since I'm in Japan, due to getting my comics later than most, I don't listen to Weekly Comics Spotlight until much because I might get spoiled. Don't worry though, I've been enjoying every episode I get a chance to hear!
Do you submit clips to the Previews Spotlight episodes? (If not, why not?) Well, not yet but I'm considering it. Since I get my Previews magazine AFTER the clips are due, I'd have to use the online version or look at the early solicits.

Welcome to the forum, Alan.

Where in Japan do you live? I've been to a few places in Japan and found it to be a wonderful country.

I can imagine that it takes a little bit of time for the comics to get to you there. We do post the online solicitations on the forum to make it easier to find them and use them.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
alienal121
Fan

Post by alienal121 »

JohnMayo wrote:
Welcome to the forum, Alan.

Where in Japan do you live? I've been to a few places in Japan and found it to be a wonderful country.

I can imagine that it takes a little bit of time for the comics to get to you there. We do post the online solicitations on the forum to make it easier to find them and use them.
Thanks for your reply, John. I live in Saga City, in Saga Prefecture, west of Fukuoka City. It's on the western island of Kyushu. Anyway, yes, I'll look for the solicitations and see if I can post something for the big 100th episode. I'm a little busy now though. It's final exam time here...
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

alienal121 wrote:Thanks for your reply, John. I live in Saga City, in Saga Prefecture, west of Fukuoka City. It's on the western island of Kyushu. Anyway, yes, I'll look for the solicitations and see if I can post something for the big 100th episode. I'm a little busy now though. It's final exam time here...
If you can send a clip in this month, great. If not, there is always next month or the months after that.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
MrAloha
Special Reviewer

Post by MrAloha »

alienal121 wrote: Do you submit clips to the Previews Spotlight episodes? (If not, why not?) Well, not yet but I'm considering it. Since I get my Previews magazine AFTER the clips are due, I'd have to use the online version or look at the early solicits.
Dear Alienal121,

If you get a chance, submit a clip, or clips, to the Previews Spotlight episodes.

Have fun making the clips.

And give a shout out to the comic book store where you get your comics in Japan.

Aloha!
derlemke
Passerby

Post by derlemke »

What is your real name? Hey. My name is Mark.

How old are you? I’m 30 years old

What do you do for a living? I’m a substance abuse therapist and mostly work with veterans (former marine here).

What kinds of comic books do you like? I’m almost all DC. For Marvel I’m only reading Star Wars. I love Vertigo titles and I’m really enjoying Unfollow. Preacher and 100 Bullets are some of favorite of all time. I read a good amount of Image, some Dark Horse (Alien) and IDW (TMNT).

About how many comic book issues a week/month do you buy? Oh man. Probably around 8 plus titles a week and then some.

Do you buy mainly issues, trades, digital? I go to my local comic book store “Comic Envy” in Asheville NC

How long have you been reading comics? Around 3 years.

How long have you been listening to the Comic Book Page podcast? I’ve been listening for a little over a year.

Do you submit clips to the Previews Spotlight episodes? (If not, why not?) I don’t, but I plan on submitting soon.
comicssleeprepeat
Passerby

Post by comicssleeprepeat »

Hi Everyone.

New in town.

Just dropping this message in to say hello to everyone.

Just hoping to keep up to date on great new story arcs and also about where the best places are online to catch decent reviews, opinion and the like.

Cheers.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

comicssleeprepeat wrote:Hi Everyone.

New in town.

Just dropping this message in to say hello to everyone.

Just hoping to keep up to date on great new story arcs and also about where the best places are online to catch decent reviews, opinion and the like.

Cheers.
welcome, great username
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
jediknightbobby
Visitor

Post by jediknightbobby »

Hello everyone my name is Bobby Brown.
I have been reading comics since I was 12. My first comic that I remember was Amazing Spiderman 166, and I have been hooked every day since. I am turning the dreaded 50 this year, so I have read my fair share of comics. I have about 30 titles that I have pulled each month, and purchase a few trades each month also. I read each day at lunch, some kind of trade, and I read my comics during the weekend except for the ones that just can't wait. My favorite comic book hero is Spiderman(Peter Parker). I will never forget reading a spiderman comic and feeling for the first time that there was someone out there just like me. I never felt alone again after reading Spiderman. I am old school in the fact that I still like regular old comics, not a digital fan.
I have been listening for about 2 years and am hoping to start sending in some picks by next month.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

welcome aboard Bobby, always room for one more
MrAloha
Special Reviewer

Post by MrAloha »

jediknightbobby wrote:I have been listening for about 2 years and am hoping to start sending in some picks by next month.
Dear Bobby,

I look forward to hearing your picks in future Preveiws Spotlight Episodes. Have fun recording your clips and give a shoutout to your local comic book store.

Aloha!
tehkeizer
Contributor

Post by tehkeizer »

Hey y'all. Townsie here.

i am just getting back into comics after not reading since Civil war. Why am i heading back to comics? You guys! (and a steady job which is why i stopped). i am a podcast addict, and on the app "podcast addict" i found the podcast, and it pushed me over the edge. I now have a box at the local store and head in there every wednesday for my stuff.

I do my own podcasting, though we mention comics sometimes, is for sure not a comic podcast. ok, i've done the thing. see y'all around. hear y'all on the previews.

- townsie
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

welcome aboard
GABE!
Special Reviewer

Post by GABE! »

tehkeizer wrote:Hey y'all. Townsie here.

i am just getting back into comics after not reading since Civil war. Why am i heading back to comics? You guys! (and a steady job which is why i stopped). i am a podcast addict, and on the app "podcast addict" i found the podcast, and it pushed me over the edge. I now have a box at the local store and head in there every wednesday for my stuff.

I do my own podcasting, though we mention comics sometimes, is for sure not a comic podcast. ok, i've done the thing. see y'all around. hear y'all on the previews.

- townsie
Awesome! Good to see you here. Welcome.
MrAloha
Special Reviewer

Post by MrAloha »

tehkeizer wrote:Hey y'all. Townsie here.

- townsie
Dear Townsie,

Welcome to the forum. You picked the right time to jump back into comics with the DC Rebirth. See you on forum.

Aloha!
tehkeizer
Contributor

Post by tehkeizer »

MrAloha wrote: You picked the right time to jump back into comics with the DC Rebirth.
This was a huge factor in my jump back in. Along side civil war 2, i had to get in.