Superior ending-anyone else gonna miss doc ock

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

drew
Master Reviewer

Superior ending-anyone else gonna miss doc ock

Post by drew »

Superior ending and Amazing re-launch

both $6 books-ouch-anyone else gonna miss doc ock?
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
the1captain
Reviewer

Re: Superior ending-anyone else gonna miss doc ock

Post by the1captain »

I am. I have never been a spider-man fan. It's not that I hate the character. Have read some spidey stories over the years I liked. But I just never cared for the character himself. But I've loved Doc Ock as Spider-man. There is a pragmatic way he does things to fight crime that might not seem popular or nice. But are effective and make sense.

I just hope they don't just wipe everything away with a deal with the devil and reboot. There should be repercussions to the time Doc was Pete.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

Overall, I'm looking forward to Peter Parker being back but I've enjoyed Superior Spider-Man so I'll miss Doc Ock as Spidey. I hope the Superior Spider-Man ends in a manner in which we'll eventually see Doc Ock again. The relationship between Doc Ock and Peter Parker could be very interesting to explore given all that has happened.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
comicm
Master Reviewer

Post by comicm »

Its weird but I prefer Doc Ock. I probably will jump off when he is no longer part of the storyline. I also don't care for Ramos. I have been trying to get my monthly order down to 160 from 200 and most of the cuts are coming from Marvel. This will likely be one of the books I drop once it becomes Amazing again. It might be good but another good drop off point for someone looking to cut back.
www.geekbrunchpodcast.com - Geek Brunch
www.dcnoisepodcast.com (both available on iTunes via the iTunes store.)
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

It does seem to be hitting a number of jumping off justifications for you:
[*]not interested in the "new" take on the property
[*]not in favor of new creative team
[*]looking to cut back and the relaunch provides a clean jumping off point

They are giving you an out and you are planning on taking it. I can understand that.
DNArington
Fan

Post by DNArington »

I was starting to miss peter, so I went back and read almost all the spidey trades since Big Time, so now that I'm all set for another year or so of Superior, they are bringing back Peter. :? Peter Parker/Spider-Man is my favorite superhero, but I really wish they continued Spider-Ock's story further. I wonder if Ock will continue on as a "hero" or as a strait up villain or if they will kill him off.
Check out my podcast, Helix Reviews, for thoughts, opinions, and reviews of all kinds of media from a Christian geek perspective!
Subscribe on iTunes here: https://itunes.apple.com/ua/podcast/hel ... d518070184
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

i just finished Superior 25 and the reveal was disapointing:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
peter's ghost showing up and saying 'ive been hiding here the whole time just waiting for the best time to strike' seemed a bit manufactured-not sure slott is playing fair, looking back there were other times he could/should have intervened
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

I dropped Amazing Spider-man around #640. Peter Spider-man has always been my favorite superhero other then Batman. I wasn't thrilled when I heard about the Doc Ock thing, so the new Amazing Spider-man will bring me back. I will at least give the series a shot and order the first few.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

drew102e wrote:i just finished Superior 25 and the reveal was disapointing:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
peter's ghost showing up and saying 'ive been hiding here the whole time just waiting for the best time to strike' seemed a bit manufactured-not sure slott is playing fair, looking back there were other times he could/should have intervened
Agreed.