Son of Batman animated movie

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

the1captain
Reviewer

Son of Batman animated movie

Post by the1captain »

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=50396

Article and trailer for the upcoming DCU animated movie. I've been a big fan of these animated movies. And I do like the Grant Morrison story this movie is based on. But one observation from the trailer. In both Justice League: the Flashpoint Paradox and Justice League: War these movies appear to be moving closer to an almost anime style for the animation. Son of Batman would appear to continue this. Not awful. But I much, much prefer the older style.
drew
Master Reviewer

Re: Son of Batman animated movie

Post by drew »

i have yet to watch an animated batman series or any animated comic series for that matter...i hear i am missing out on some good stuff
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
the1captain
Reviewer

Post by the1captain »

IMHO the Batman: Dark Knight Returns animated movie was by far the best. Did what an adaption should do. Take what works. And find what works in a comic might not work the same in an animated movie and change it just enough to make it work.
DNArington
Fan

Post by DNArington »

drew102e wrote:i have yet to watch an animated batman series or any animated comic series for that matter...i hear i am missing out on some good stuff

Whoa! Does that include Batman The Animated Series? Because that show is awesome!
Check out my podcast, Helix Reviews, for thoughts, opinions, and reviews of all kinds of media from a Christian geek perspective!
Subscribe on iTunes here: https://itunes.apple.com/ua/podcast/hel ... d518070184
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

DNArington wrote:
drew102e wrote:i have yet to watch an animated batman series or any animated comic series for that matter...i hear i am missing out on some good stuff

Whoa! Does that include Batman The Animated Series? Because that show is awesome!
yep, never saw a single one...i know right, i keep meaning to but never get around to it
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

You are missing out on some great stuff. Batman: The Animated series was great. The recent Young Justice series was terrific. A number of the ones in between were well worth watching for different reasons.Pick up some DVDs/BluRays and find some time because there is plenty of comic book based animation for you to enjoy.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

JohnMayo wrote:
You are missing out on some great stuff. Batman: The Animated series was great. The recent Young Justice series was terrific. A number of the ones in between were well worth watching for different reasons.Pick up some DVDs/BluRays and find some time because there is plenty of comic book based animation for you to enjoy.
i have dark knight returns 1 & 2 sitting there waiting for me and my brother raves about batman the animated series (as do many others) so i gotta get watching...