Higgins to Leave Nightwing + Teen Titans Ends in May

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

drew
Master Reviewer

Re: Higgins to Leave Nightwing + Teen Titans Ends in May

Post by drew »

I like the idea that big crossovers have consequences whether it is killing, relocating, or resurrecting characters. DC has done a nice job with that.
yeah i agree, these things should matter in a shared universe, feels less like a marketing ploy that way
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
DNArington
Fan

Post by DNArington »

JohnMayo wrote:Here is what is ending in the New 52 as of the February 2014 solicits:
  • Nightwing
  • Stormwatch
  • Suicide Squad
  • Teen Titans
  • Superman Unchained
And the new titles starting up:
  • Batman: Eternal
  • Justice League United
  • Secret Origins
  • Aquaman and the Others
  • Sinestro
That brings the count of ongoing titles launched as part of the New 52 to 81 with 39 of them either ended or announced as ending.

I'm surprised Superman Unchained is ending so soon with such a high-profile character and creative team. I'm also surprised another Aquaman book is coming. I didn't think his main series was selling enough to warrant it, but I would gladly read it if it's as good as the main title.
Check out my podcast, Helix Reviews, for thoughts, opinions, and reviews of all kinds of media from a Christian geek perspective!
Subscribe on iTunes here: https://itunes.apple.com/ua/podcast/hel ... d518070184
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

I'm surprised Superman Unchained is ending so soon with such a high-profile character and creative team.
i was thinking the same thing, Snyder/Lee must have a clause allowing them to end the series if one or both decides its time,

with sales in the 90-100k range, DC could just plug in james tynion IV + another artist and milk that cash cow for a while.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

Given what was in Green Team #8, I'm not surprised Teen Titans is ending soon.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

JohnMayo wrote:Given what was in Green Team #8, I'm not surprised Teen Titans is ending soon.
i like the:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
idea that they know their name is silly so take a big briefcase of cash and just buy (or attempt to) the name teen titans
otherwise a pretty forgettable series all in all