John's Weekly Reading and Ratings

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

Perseus
Reviewer

Re: John's Weekly Reading and Ratings

Post by Perseus »

John, I'm confused on Legend of Oz. Is Aspen reprinting the Big Dog Ink original run? Or is there new material in the books? I have all of the BDI original issues.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

They are "remastered" versions. I think a few have had a new backup story but I'm not positive those backups weren't in the original issues. I was to support Big Dog Ink but if you have the original run, these can be skipped. I think they should have done #0 issues as on ramps to new volumes, told new stories in the new volumes and released trades of the original runs.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
Perseus
Reviewer

Post by Perseus »

Thanks for that info. I was frustrated to see Legend of Oz stopped, because they had more issues planned before the Aspen acquisition. Now it may be confusing when to start getting the issues again.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

Perseus wrote:Thanks for that info. I was frustrated to see Legend of Oz stopped, because they had more issues planned before the Aspen acquisition. Now it may be confusing when to start getting the issues again.
That also factored into my decision to just get the revised versions coming out through Aspen. I get why they did what they did in order to get a wider audience but I think it was a bad move in terms of keeping the existing audience happy.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive