Injustice: Gods Among Us Digital "first"?

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

the1captain
Reviewer

Injustice: Gods Among Us Digital "first"?

Post by the1captain »

I get the digital "first" chapters of Injustice: Gods Among Us Year Two editions. I put the word "first" in quotations for a reason. Issue one of the print edition had chapters one and two. Yet at the time chapter two was not released digitally yet. Now tomorrow issue 2 of the print version is to be released. I'm assuming it will contain chapters 3 and 4. Yet neither chapter has appeared digitally yet. There is a possibility chapter 3 will come out today (tuesday). But still no chapter 4 in sight.

In the past one of the things that made DC's digital first books appealing is their reliability. I get many of them and look forward to almost each day getting a new book. Instead of only on new comic book day. Between this and a few other moves DC has made recently, one has to wonder if they are starting to scale back their digital first department. Which for me would be a shame because I am much preferring what they are doing there then in most of the new 52 books.

Thoughts?
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us Digital "first"?

Post by JohnMayo »

They scaled back the titles they are collecting as print comics a while ago which made me wonder how the digital first titles were doing for them. Hopefully this is just a scheduling snafu for Injustice: Year Two and not a sign of DC scaling back on digital.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
the1captain
Reviewer

Post by the1captain »

Update. As expected they just posted chapter 3. Have to wait til tomorrow to see what the print copy has in it
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

the1captain wrote:Update. As expected they just posted chapter 3. Have to wait til tomorrow to see what the print copy has in it
one the best parts of Injustice was its digital first presentation and the reliability of the schedule, i hope they get this back on track

i also preferred 3 digital first issues = 1 print comic, even with the extra buck

everything i am hearing regarding digital sales is overwhelmingly positive, although its mostly anecdotal, wish they had some data to back it up
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

I'd love to have insights into the digital sales. I'm curious both how Injustice is doing and how it is doing relative to other titles.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive