DC 2014 september event

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

fudd71
Master Reviewer

DC 2014 september event

Post by fudd71 »

So it looks like we will get a month with all Futures End titles and that the 3D covers will be back

newsarama piece
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Re: DC 2014 september event

Post by fudd71 »

another note from this story is that it will launch a third weekly title in October
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

"When we came out of the gate with the launch of the 52, we had people buy it, and we held onto them really tight and there was a level of excitement that we hadn't felt in comics for quite awhile," he said. "Quite honestly, we felt, even between ourselves and other companies, it seems like the excitement is quieting down again, across the industry.

"So we feel like it's time to crank it back up again and start to remind people about the big, bold and just craziness that we can bring to comics, that makes our storytelling so unique and exciting," he said.
I like this-hope it works
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
SpideySavestheDay
Reviewer

Post by SpideySavestheDay »

A little disappointed on the cover gimmick. I was hoping for something new, not "we screwed up our first attempt but saw how popular it was". The story sounds good.

I've said this before...I really like the idea that DC does a line-wide jumping on point with their anniversary of the New 52 launch. It would only be better if the editors/writers ended the previous arcs first then threw in all the one-shots.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

SpideySavestheDay wrote:It would only be better if the editors/writers ended the previous arcs first then threw in all the one-shots.
hallelujah brotha
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

The annual interruption of stories does get a little annoying.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

SpideySavestheDay wrote: It would only be better if the editors/writers ended the previous arcs first then threw in all the one-shots.
JohnMayo wrote:The annual interruption of stories does get a little annoying.
This will be the third year. Everyone: writers, artists, editors and management know this is happening each September at this point. If stories get interrupted this year or any future year it is long past annoying and simply people not doing there job (or at least not the job of creating compelling stories). If a story gets interrupted mid arc this year it simply shows that the creators and editors do not care about the stories they are telling. No one can claim it was a surprise of that they didn't know. What it really shows is that the "September stunt" is more important to them then storytelling. It would be very disappointing.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

fudd71 wrote:If a story gets interrupted mid arc this year it simply shows that the creators and editors do not care about the stories they are telling.
Or that they care more about the story they are telling than about the reading experience of it for the monthly reader. In past years, it seems that the creators and editors were more locked into the six issue story arc than in fitting the September stunt in between story arcs.

You are entirely correct that there is no excuse for interrupted stories this year.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
DNArington
Fan

Post by DNArington »

If they are going to do line wide, month long events like this every year, then this sounds like a cool one to do to me. I like the idea of seeing future versions of familiar characters.
Check out my podcast, Helix Reviews, for thoughts, opinions, and reviews of all kinds of media from a Christian geek perspective!
Subscribe on iTunes here: https://itunes.apple.com/ua/podcast/hel ... d518070184