Previews Spotlight #080 (Jun->Aug) Deadline: Sat AM, Jun 7

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Re: Previews Spotlight #080 (Jun->Aug) Deadline: Sat AM, Jun

Post by JohnMayo »

bralinator wrote:2) Yes. An end of an era for sure. I have high hopes for Marvel, while trying to keep my expectations low. After all, there STILL hasn't been anything Disney Ducks related published since Marvel got the license from BOOM! We'll see what happens next. Hopefully it will be as creative and daring as Dark Horse.
I'm really disappointed in the lack of an Uncle Scrooge title from Marvel. I was really getting into the title and then boom lost the license and it ended.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
bralinator
Special Reviewer

Re: Previews Spotlight #080 (Jun->Aug) Deadline: Sat AM, Jun

Post by bralinator »

JohnMayo wrote:
bralinator wrote:2) Yes. An end of an era for sure. I have high hopes for Marvel, while trying to keep my expectations low. After all, there STILL hasn't been anything Disney Ducks related published since Marvel got the license from BOOM! We'll see what happens next. Hopefully it will be as creative and daring as Dark Horse.
I'm really disappointed in the lack of an Uncle Scrooge title from Marvel. I was really getting into the title and then boom lost the license and it ended.
Which is exactly why I'm concerned about Marvel. I think Dark Horse had a LOT of leeway or license with that property and I doubt Marvel is going to handle it as well. They have a LOT of great talent at Marvel who could handle this property, but that "old west" mentality that has allowed Dark Horse to be REALLY creative sometimes is likely to be gone forever. Marvel won't be making anymore outlandish creative decisions like they did the first go around (i.e. "Jaxxon") - not that I want them too go that route either :shock:

I expect them to go quite the opposite route and be VERY tied to continuity and Disney's bureaucracy whenever they finally get around to publishing anything SW related. I expect it will all begin with some reprints and then the movie adaptation.