Still 52?

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

drew
Master Reviewer

Still 52?

Post by drew »

any of you get your Previews yet, mine comes Friday, but I am curious as to what DC is soliciting with the futures end stuff solicited last month?
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Re: Still 52?

Post by JohnMayo »

The June Previews covers items for August. The Futures End items which were advanced solicited in the May Previews come out in September. As such, the New 52 titles are all in the DC solicits for June.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

according to my quick Previews tally calculations:

49 "New 52" DC offerings, 55 if you count all the Weeklys
10 digital first offerings
10 Vertigo
5 kids titles
plus the green hornet/66 crossover wherever that fits

I had heard anecdotally that DC wasnt releasing 52 titles anymore but it seems to me they are still maintaining that number (although if its literally New 52 titles one could argue not quite)

*this non-scientific study was performed after 3 miller lites while watching the season finale of Grimm, so no guarantee of its accuracy...
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

drew102e wrote:according to my quick Previews tally calculations:

49 "New 52" DC offerings, 55 if you count all the Weeklys
10 digital first offerings
10 Vertigo
5 kids titles
plus the green hornet/66 crossover wherever that fits

I had heard anecdotally that DC wasnt releasing 52 titles anymore but it seems to me they are still maintaining that number (although if its literally New 52 titles one could argue not quite)

*this non-scientific study was performed after 3 miller lites while watching the season finale of Grimm, so no guarantee of its accuracy...
My understanding was the 52 limit was for ongoing titles within the New 52 universe. They dropped under that number back in April 2013. Currently they are at 44 ongoing New 52 title by my count.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive