Get Marvel Unlimited for .99

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

the1captain
Reviewer

Get Marvel Unlimited for .99

Post by the1captain »

For this week only Marvel is offering its monthly subscription to its marvel unlimited library for only .99. Normally $9.99. Must use promo code: SDCC14.

For those that are not familiar with Marvel Unlimited. It is a comic version of Netflix. One price and you can read what ever is in the library. I just got it to try it out. If anyone is interested I will post a review of this service in the near future.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Re: Get Marvel Unlimited for .99

Post by JohnMayo »

I'm curious about it and would like to know what you think of it.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

should be easy to read 99 cents worth of marvel comics a month, what a bargain
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

So I bit, and took advantage of this deal. I have been going back and reading old stuff from the silver age and a few favorite stories from my childhood in the late 70s early 80s.

As someone who hasn't read much Marvel since the mid 1990s, any suggestions on things to read to see what the current Marvel is like.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

I like:

Thor God of Thunder #1 to current (Jason Aaron/Ribic run)
Daredevil #1-35 + All-New #1-5 (Mark Waid/Samnee run)
Superior Spider-man 1-31 (minus a couple mediocre issues, mostly good to great)
Hawkeye 1-12, then the wheels fell off
Superior Foes 1-13
Moon Knight #1-5 (might be too new)
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
the1captain
Reviewer

Post by the1captain »

fudd71 wrote:So I bit, and took advantage of this deal. I have been going back and reading old stuff from the silver age and a few favorite stories from my childhood in the late 70s early 80s.

As someone who hasn't read much Marvel since the mid 1990s, any suggestions on things to read to see what the current Marvel is like.
I've been having fun reading a lot of Bronze Age to late 80's books. Finally reading Tomb of Dracula. Also the 70's Invaders and some 80's Captain America.

Only going to do the month. So I'm trying to power read as much as possible. Only had MU for a few days and I'm already getting burned out!