Can now get drm-free books on Comixology.

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

the1captain
Reviewer

Can now get drm-free books on Comixology.

Post by the1captain »

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=54316

A major barrier for some to embrace digital comics and Comixology is that one doesn't "own" their purchases. And therefore cannot save them on your own Hard drive. Until today.

DC and Marvel have not jumped on yet. Be interesting to see if they do. For myself, it's a nice option to have. But I like having my books in a cloud. But a back up is a great option to have.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Re: Can now get drm-free books on Comixology.

Post by JohnMayo »

the1captain wrote:http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=54316

A major barrier for some to embrace digital comics and Comixology is that one doesn't "own" their purchases. And therefore cannot save them on your own Hard drive. Until today.

DC and Marvel have not jumped on yet. Be interesting to see if they do. For myself, it's a nice option to have. But I like having my books in a cloud. But a back up is a great option to have.
I was in the room when they made the announcement. Big step forward for Comixology. If/when Marvel ever gets on board, I'll backup all of the free digital copies I've gotten. Being able to read as many comics offline as you'd like seems like a good thing for long trips.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
drew
Master Reviewer

Re: Can now get drm-free books on Comixology.

Post by drew »

another positive step forward for digital, good news
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)