A lot of Great Podcasts

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

SpideySavestheDay
Reviewer

A lot of Great Podcasts

Post by SpideySavestheDay »

Over the last few weeks I've been catching up on all the great podcasting going on over here. I'm not sure who said what on which podcast (sales numbers, round table, etc) but these few really stood out.

> I think Chris said this...Keaton's Batman meeting Reeves's Superman would be a homerun. Both big screen versions of these characters were tremendously successful spawning numerous (some good, some bad) sequels. Bringing back both characters one more time just as the next movie premiers would be exciting. I can only hope.

> Rocket Raccoon's Loot Crate orders should not be mixed with the rest of Diamond's orders. How is that information useful to anyone other than Marvel's PR department. It doesn't tell LCS and other comic observers how many actually made it to the shops. Loot Crate is not a comic shop, therefore its numbers should be treated differently.

> For all the kudos given to DC for the limited number of delays with their monthly titles, they have squandered it with their bigger books. Superman Unchained's, Forever Evil's and Sandman's shipping schedule have been a colossal mess. Think about all the money dropped to promote some of the biggest names in the industry writing/drawing the most recognizable character. What happen? Snyder and Lee could have led a Superman revival with the new movie, the eBay auction, and the reboot of Superman with JRJR all occurring in a two year span. Wasted. Wondering if the move to the west coast is causing complications.

> Finally, this one is an observation by me. Spawn 250 and Savage Dragon 200 will be published this year. This makes them two of the longest running titles without a reboot. This might be something we only see from independently owned books from this point forward and should be applauded. McFarlane says it best when asked about the numbering, "there's no historical data that says -- actually, quite the contrary -- if you do it that you actually then will get better sales and you'll keep going. What usually has been out there -- as a matter of fact, I could show you hundreds that say the opposite -- that you get your bounce and then you actually come down to a little bit -- eventually, in 5, 8, 10 issues -- below where you were before you started renumbering it, and it seems like a shame that you threw all those numbers away."
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Re: A lot of Great Podcasts

Post by JohnMayo »

I'm glad you are enjoying the podcasts. They take a while to put together so I appreciate the positive feedback.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive