Comic Book TV Shows

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

drew
Master Reviewer

Re: Ranking the New & Returning Comic Book Shows

Post by drew »

fudd71 wrote:
drew102e wrote: that would be a surprise, gonna be some stiff competition, Better Call Saul, thrones, house of cards, farewell seasons of mad men, justified,
I watch everyone of those shows except Justified, if the voters actually look at performances and haven't filled out their ballot before watching anything Charlie Cox has a legitimate shot.
yeah me too, Ill bet spader in blacklist gets the nod again as well, any chance these guys sneak in: Liev Schreiber – Ray Donovan or Dominic West – The Affair; I haven't seen either of these shows
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

drew102e wrote:
fudd71 wrote:
drew102e wrote: that would be a surprise, gonna be some stiff competition, Better Call Saul, thrones, house of cards, farewell seasons of mad men, justified,
I watch everyone of those shows except Justified, if the voters actually look at performances and haven't filled out their ballot before watching anything Charlie Cox has a legitimate shot.
yeah me too, Ill bet spader in blacklist gets the nod again as well, any chance these guys sneak in: Liev Schreiber – Ray Donovan or Dominic West – The Affair; I haven't seen either of these shows
Schreiber is really good and certainly is deserving. I haven't watched the Affair. Spader is good but I think that show fell off in the second season. Jon Hamm I feel gave what might have been his weakest performances in Mad Men(at least in the episodes that have aired to this point) in this current season. Game of Thrones I will have to wait and see more to have an opinion on.

Of all the people mentioned in this discussion the other one I think is deserving is Bob Odenkirk, but he has been playing that character (in a fairly large role for the last 2 seasons) and has never been thought worthy I just don't think the Academy will change their mind now that he is playing the same character on lower rated spin-off
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

The final overnight ratings for 4/28 were just published both The Flash and Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. each got a 1.5 rating and a 5 share 18-49 demo. That is huge, both for The Flash series and the CW network. Even more impressively The Flash did that against The Voice (NBC 2.2/8) NCIS (CBS 2.0/7) and Dancing with the Stars (ABC 1.7/6), while Agents of SHIELD had much weaker competition, NCIS: New Orleans (CBS 1.9/6), Undateable (NBC 1.2/4), New Girl (Fox 1.0/3) and iZombie (CW 0.7/2 a very strong # for the CW behind only The Flash and Arrow).
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

That bodes well For their renewal
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

Neither show is currently in any danger of being cancelled. The Flash was actually renewed for a second season back in November.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

Izombie doing well enough for an 2nd season pickup
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

Simple answer: Yes iZombie is doing great and will be back for a 2nd season.

Complex answer: The announcement might be delayed a little and you may read rumors saying the show is in trouble. The CW for various reasons most around negotiations with local affiliates (many of which are no longer contractually obligated to be CW affiliates next season) renewed their entire schedule in the fall. Quite simply they already have a full schedule for next fall. One of the previously announced renewals will still get produced but will not be on the fall schedule. That show (if I had to guess it will be Reign maybe The 100) will only make 10-13 episodes and be pushed to next spring or summer with no chance of being renewed after that. To further complicate this matter the network is currently heavy on Warner Bros. produced shows and lite on CBS produced shows (it is a join venture going back to the UPN & WB network merger that brought about the CW). iZombie a Warner Bros produced show is doing really well and will certainly be on the fall schedule, but there are some PR moves and inter corporate politics that may delay that announcement being made officially.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

fudd71 wrote:Simple answer: Yes iZombie is doing great and will be back for a 2nd season.
good enough

to further complicate matters won't the Atom/Firestorm spinoff be a CW/WB show?
doctormo
Reviewer

Post by doctormo »

I can't wait for CW's Upfronts. I want to know how they are going to fit iZombie into their 2015-2016 schedule given that most the network's lineup was renewed before the show started.

Also, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. really needs a new night or a lead-in that compliments the show. I sense another pivot on the horizon to reflect Avengers: Age of Ultron.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW looks pretty darn good too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MubNoWQiSc
bralinator
Special Reviewer

Post by bralinator »

It does look good. And I applaud DC for finally adding their brand to the title of their tv properties...

but for some reason I can't get past seeing Brandon Routh in the Roller-Derby Iron Atom suit. Looks a bit silly to me. Can't pinpoint exactly why. I can definitely overlook it though, for now.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

bralinator wrote:but for some reason I can't get past seeing Brandon Routh in the Roller-Derby Iron Atom suit. Looks a bit silly to me. Can't pinpoint exactly why. I can definitely overlook it though, for now.
He does tend to come across as a goofy version of Iron Man.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

Goofy suit he can't use aside, I still can't believe he got demoted from Superman to Ray Palmer.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

Sam, can the CW bump the 100/reign to midseason and move this up to fall release? or is it set in stone?
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

fudd71 wrote:Goofy suit he can't use aside, I still can't believe he got demoted from Superman to Ray Palmer.
I don't see it as a demotion. He'd already been replaced in the movies.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive