Comic Book TV Shows

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

bralinator
Special Reviewer

Re: Ranking the New & Returning Comic Book Shows

Post by bralinator »

Sorry bro ~ I couldn't suffer alone! I actually got an opportunity to watch the pilot for this and I was impressed. In fact, I only noticed that scar once the whole time and breezed right past it. I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the episode and look forward to watching the series. It's up there with The Flash for me.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

bralinator wrote:Sorry bro ~ I couldn't suffer alone! I actually got an opportunity to watch the pilot for this and I was impressed. In fact, I only noticed that scar once the whole time and breezed right past it. I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the episode and look forward to watching the series. It's up there with The Flash for me.

yeah I saw it and enjoyed it as well,
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

This season has been the best yet...

Great
The Flash
Walking Dead
Arrow
Gotham
iZombie
SuperGirl

Not Very Good They can't all be great, I guess
Agents of SHIELD
Fear the Walking Dead

RIP Constantine
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
(looking forward to his Cameo on Arrow Next week)
RowdyFromScrubs
Contributor

Post by RowdyFromScrubs »

drew102e wrote:This season has been the best yet...

Great
The Flash
Walking Dead
Arrow
Gotham
iZombie
SuperGirl

Not Very Good They can't all be great, I guess
Agents of SHIELD
Fear the Walking Dead
I'm actually short on time to watch all of these. Although having baseball finished up will free up some TV time. I'm currently watching, in order of interest:
1-The Walking Dead / Fear the Walking Dead (since they aren't on at the same time, although Fear isn't nearly as good)
2-Gotham
3-Flash
4-Arrow

Probably never get into iZombie. Watch SHIELD only when directly tying into movies. Might binge watch Supergirl & the Netflix ones on some weekends in the winter, once it gets colder. The commercial for Preacher during The Walking Dead got me interested enough to check it out one or twice.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

RowdyFromScrubs wrote: The commercial for Preacher during The Walking Dead got me interested enough to check it out one or twice.
yep, it looked to be a pretty faithful adaption-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNgI2sRzr8I

i am interested now
SpideySavestheDay
Reviewer

Post by SpideySavestheDay »

Flash and the Walking Dead have never been better.

Glad to see Gotham pick up steam. This season reminds me of a mashup of the the old Adam West show and Tim Burton's movies. The villains are way over the top and the camera angles are peculiar.
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

We have a date for Legends of Tomorrow. January 21st.

https://youtu.be/mWPP7IMUzBw

Peter Roth the head of content for WB television seems to have accidentally let that date slip last night during a speaking event at the Paley Media Center. The executives and PR people at the CW can not be happy about this leak and someone else making the first announcement on their winter schedule. The comment is made at about the 1:02:00 mark of this video. Greg Berlanti has some interesting things to say about creating and revitalizing the super hero genre on television. Almost everything else Peter Roth says in this piece is pure PR spin and nonsense.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

fudd71 wrote:We have a date for Legends of Tomorrow. January 21st.

https://youtu.be/mWPP7IMUzBw

Peter Roth the head of content for WB television seems to have accidentally let that date slip last night during a speaking event at the Paley Media Center. The executives and PR people at the CW can not be happy about this leak and someone else making the first announcement on their winter schedule. The comment is made at about the 1:02:00 mark of this video. Greg Berlanti has some interesting things to say about creating and revitalizing the super hero genre on television. Almost everything else Peter Roth says in this piece is pure PR spin and nonsense.
cool, I cant wait - the latest flash/arrow shows have been doing a good job of setting up the spinoff character wise
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

bralinator wrote:Sorry bro ~ I couldn't suffer alone! I actually got an opportunity to watch the pilot for this and I was impressed. In fact, I only noticed that scar once the whole time and breezed right past it. I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the episode and look forward to watching the series. It's up there with The Flash for me.
the last couple have been a little too cheezy to me, you getting that too or is it just me?
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

Very bad news for iZombie in what will be presented as a positive.

iZombie gets order for 6 additional episodes

While this maybe seem like good news I fear it is very bad news. No fall show in the last 13 years to receive fewer then an additional 9 episode back-end order (making a season total of 22 or more) has ever been renewed. I have been watching for the back 9 pickup of iZombie for about a month now wondering why that announcement hadn't been made and worried that it needed to be made soon. These orders of 3-8 episodes tend to indicate the network is done with a show but needs something to fill time slots in the spring. I have to admit this one is perplexing to me. iZombie has had the 4th highest rating average of any show on the CW this season in a virtual tie with 3rd ranked Vampire Diaries well behind both Flash and Arrow. Unfortunately for iZombie the lower rated Jane the Virgin, the Originals and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend are all CBS productions. Jane the Virgin and the Originals may survive over iZombie in a bit CBS produced affirmative action. Crazy Ex-Girlfriends is the lowest rated scripted show on primetime broadcast TV and will also most certainly be cancelled as well with a back-end order of only 5 more episodes.

I have really enjoyed iZombie and would rank it just behind Flash as my second favorite comic book TV show (I don't watch Walking Dead). My wife and a friend of hers get together every Tuesday to watch iZombie, we will certainly miss this show.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

fudd71 wrote:Very bad news for iZombie in what will be presented as a positive.

iZombie gets order for 6 additional episodes

While this maybe seem like good news I fear it is very bad news. No fall show in the last 13 years to receive fewer then an additional 9 episode back-end order (making a season total of 22 or more) has ever been renewed. I have been watching for the back 9 pickup of iZombie for about a month now wondering why that announcement hadn't been made and worried that it needed to be made soon. These orders of 3-8 episodes tend to indicate the network is done with a show but needs something to fill time slots in the spring. I have to admit this one is perplexing to me. iZombie has had the 4th highest rating average of any show on the CW this season in a virtual tie with 3rd ranked Vampire Diaries well behind both Flash and Arrow. Unfortunately for iZombie the lower rated Jane the Virgin, the Originals and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend are all CBS productions. Jane the Virgin and the Originals may survive over iZombie in a bit CBS produced affirmative action. Crazy Ex-Girlfriends is the lowest rated scripted show on primetime broadcast TV and will also most certainly be cancelled as well with a back-end order of only 5 more episodes.

I have really enjoyed iZombie and would rank it just behind Flash as my second favorite comic book TV show (I don't watch Walking Dead). My wife and a friend of hers get together every Tuesday to watch iZombie, we will certainly miss this show.
dang it - this is one of my wife's favorites
Perseus
Reviewer

Post by Perseus »

Me and the family just caught up on Supergirl yesterday on Thanksgiving. We love it alot! I think Benoist does a great job as Kara.

The nods to Superman are really awesome and sometimes sentimental.

I want to see a Supergirl/Flash crossover!

They have to race!
NDHorse
Contributor

Post by NDHorse »

fudd71 wrote:Crazy Ex-Girlfriends is the lowest rated scripted show on primetime broadcast TV and will also most certainly be cancelled as well with a back-end order of only 5 more episodes.
Damn, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is hilarious. Just look up the clip of "The Sexy Getting Ready Song."
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

Don't forget to set your DVRs for DC's Legends of Tomorrow, 9 pm. January 21 on the CW

http://variety.com/2016/tv/reviews/dcs- ... 201675585/
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

Not good news for the Dr. Who fans

Steven Moffat stepping down