Comic Book TV Shows

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

drew
Master Reviewer

Re: Ranking the New & Returning Comic Book Shows

Post by drew »

i worry about this one, (if you have seen Z nation on syfy, you know why) but am cautiously optimistic
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

fudd71 wrote:The CW finally set their midseason schedule today. Arrow will return a week before other CW shows with a midseason premier on 3/11. The Flash will return on 3/17 with iZombie getting the best possible spot the network has following the Flash and also premiering on 3/17.
trailers look horrible for izombie, i hope it is better than what we've seen so far
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

drew102e wrote:
fudd71 wrote:The CW finally set their midseason schedule today. Arrow will return a week before other CW shows with a midseason premier on 3/11. The Flash will return on 3/17 with iZombie getting the best possible spot the network has following the Flash and also premiering on 3/17.
trailers look horrible for izombie, i hope it is better than what we've seen so far
okay i was wrong, the first two episodes of iZombie were really good in my opinion, Chew/Bones combination crime procedural w/zombies!
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

drew102e wrote:
drew102e wrote:
okay i was wrong, the first two episodes of iZombie were really good in my opinion, Chew/Bones combination crime procedural w/zombies!
I got to tell you I like iZombie, but what I find most interesting is how much my wife and one of her girlfriends like the show. My wife hate all zombie/vampire etc type stuff, this friend of hers is much more into sci-fi but not a comic book fan. Anyway they both love the show. Hopefully this isn't an isolated case and the show can pull in fans from other places.

The numbers have been very solid for the show, a great sign. The one slightly bad sign is the WB went crazy renewing a ton WB produced shows in the fall. Unfortunately the CW is a joint venture between WB and CBS, currently they are very low on CBS produced shows.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

fudd71 wrote: I got to tell you I like iZombie, but what I find most interesting is how much my wife and one of her girlfriends like the show
Ditto on that it helps if she's on board, happy wife happy life
SpideySavestheDay
Reviewer

Post by SpideySavestheDay »

drew102e wrote:
fudd71 wrote: I got to tell you I like iZombie, but what I find most interesting is how much my wife and one of her girlfriends like the show
Ditto on that it helps if she's on board, happy wife happy life
Same over at my house with the Flash. The wife can't wait to watch new episodes. I think the Flash has done a great job not confusing new non-comic fans especially with the Reverse Flash's origin.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

SpideySavestheDay wrote: Same over at my house with the Flash. The wife can't wait to watch new episodes. I think the Flash has done a great job not confusing new non-comic fans especially with the Reverse Flash's origin.
Flash has been amazing, think i may prefer it over arrow, but love them both
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

I simply love the Flash, it is my favorite show on TV currently. I must say it hasn't had the same affect on my wife and friends as iZombie has.

I have also caught up on Gotham recently and I think it is really good. Still no individual episode really stands out and I enjoy the show much more in larger chunks.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

I love the Flash series. I'm way behind on my television watching and haven't had a chance to watch any of Gotham or Arrow since the midseason break but I stay as current as I can on Flash. We haven't seen the episode this past week with the Trickster but we will the first chance we get. My sister also enjoyed the show which helps.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

First episode of Daredevil was really good, trying to carve out 12 hours to binge the rest of the season
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

FYI, I've been warned by a coworker that Daredevil gets graphically violent in some of the episodes.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

not so far but i am guessing somewhere in the game of thrones/premium cable ballpark
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

I have watched all of Daredevil season 1, the violence builds throughout the season but there is even a fairly brutal fight scene in the first episode. What really stood out to me was the phenomenal job done by Charlie Cox as Matt, he simply gives a near flawless performance. If this was a film we might be talking Oscar worthy and I think the Emmy committee will recognize him with a nomination. The writing is also very solid. Most of the other actors seem ok to slightly off but I can't tell if that is the fault of those actors or just how weak they seem next to Charlie Cox powerhouse performance. Overall I really enjoyed it.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

[quote="fudd71"]What really stood out to me was the phenomenal job done by Charlie Cox as Matt, he simply gives a near flawless performance. If this was a film we might be talking Oscar worthy and I think the Emmy committee will recognize him with a nomination. quote]

that would be a surprise, gonna be some stiff competition, Better Call Saul, thrones, house of cards, farewell seasons of mad men, justified,
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

drew102e wrote:
fudd71 wrote:What really stood out to me was the phenomenal job done by Charlie Cox as Matt, he simply gives a near flawless performance. If this was a film we might be talking Oscar worthy and I think the Emmy committee will recognize him with a nomination.

that would be a surprise, gonna be some stiff competition, Better Call Saul, thrones, house of cards, farewell seasons of mad men, justified,
I watch everyone of those shows except Justified, if the voters actually look at performances and haven't filled out their ballot before watching anything Charlie Cox has a legitimate shot.