Comic Book TV Shows

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

fudd71
Master Reviewer

Re: Ranking the New & Returning Comic Book Shows

Post by fudd71 »

I would love to hear what fellow forum member thought about DC Legends of Tomorrow last night.

Personally I thought it was Ok, had some good points and some low points. Certainly won't be replacing The Flash as my favorite comic related show but it is nice to see other show on the air. My biggest complaints are the two actors playing the hawks, they are both simply awful. Having the first episode sort of focus on them I think was a mistake.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

I already like it better than the last two seasons of agents of shield
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

After several CBS executives and the Supergirl show runner having said it will never happen, the Flash and Supergirl will crossover on television late March of this year on Supergirl
MisterFerro
Contributor

Post by MisterFerro »

Grant posted to his instagram what is the Title to the crossover episode on Supergirl.
NiklasJ
Special Reviewer

Post by NiklasJ »

I havent gotten into the Legends of Tomorrow since im way behind on Arrow and Flash, is it necessary to be up to speed on all of the shows to have the full story of LoT?

Also liking Supergirl, Agent Carter and have a soft spot for Agents of Shield...

What do people think of the new Lucifer show? Only seen 3 episodes, kind of like it so far.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

you can enjoy legends of tomorrow without needing to watch flash and arrow
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

I have enjoyed the first 3 episodes - it's a bit formulaic but I enjoy the formula
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

Gotham is back and better than ever
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

In a move that is shocking The CW renewed all 11 scripted series that have aired so far this year. For us comic fans that of course includes the Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow (no surprise at all) & iZombie (I missed on this prediction). As well as the two lowest rated shows to be renewed in the history of broadcast television, Jane the Virgin & Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.

How they squeeze 11 hours of programming into a 10-hour prime time broadcast schedule is still a mystery? Also the number of episodes in these renewals is not revealed. Might many of these shows only be picked up for 10-13 episodes instead of a full 22 episode season? Does this mean there will be no new shows on The CW next season?

My favorite line from the network statement "As we continue to further our strategy of more year-round original programming picking up these 11 series for the 2016-2017 season put us in a great position having of proven, high-quality shows to launch in the fall as well as midseason and the summer of 2017". I read this as the vast majority of our shows are terrible so we plan on premiering several shows each sweeps period hoping something catches on because we are out of ideas.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

please tell me they canceled the 100, that will free up an hour
NDHorse
Contributor

Post by NDHorse »

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is coming back!!! My favorite new show of the year.
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

Good News for Lucifer fans (such as my wife and I) Fox renewed it for season 2!!
Perseus
Reviewer

Post by Perseus »

Flash is awesome!!

I really like Legends of Tomorrow. Jonah Hex coming soon!!
drew
Master Reviewer

Comic Book TV Shows

Post by drew »

Season Finales are winding down the greatest slate of comic book inspired television ever, of course some are better than others:

Walking Dead
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Season Six was my favorite and this finale the best yet, i know a lot of people wanted to see who got the bat but for me it was an old school comic book cliffhanger ending that makes me super excited for next fall
iZombie
solid second season; not sure Blaines amnesia works for me, drakes death seemed unnecessary; max rager ceo/daughter getting was long overdue; really enjoyed the meta - guest star rob/robb thomas appearances
Super Girl
really good first season, martian manhunter was awesome; flash crossover was great; this might be the hokiest of all the shows; some super silly plot devices; the tv broadcast of hope and love to beat myriad was groan inducing
Arrow and Flash end next week :(

still a few episodes to catch up with gotham, lucifer, legends, shield, daredevil2...
drew
Master Reviewer

Re: Comic Book TV Shows

Post by drew »

all caught up on Gotham and wow I did not see this coming:
when Penguin blew up Azrael with a bazooka I jumped up and cheered from my couch, what a way to go out Theo Galavan