Discuss The Current Show

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

ThomasMartin
Passerby

Discuss The Current Show

Post by ThomasMartin »

I didn't see an established thread to discuss and give feedback on the current show and thought there needed to be one. :)

I have to agree with John about the continuity problems he mentioned in his review of Ant-Man #1 (ep. #387). I was initially excited about the series because I had become a fan of Scott Lang through his role in FF. But, based on pre-launch publicity, I quickly surmised that version of Scott was going to be swept under the rug or completely ignored and I passed on pre-ordering it. Listening to the review, I see I was completely on base with my assumption. I don't have a problem with Marvel tweaking a character to fit their current plans, but it's not like the character has been dormant for years. FF only ended last year. To have a character go from being Reed Richards chosen and very capable replacement to a complete mess is more than a bit jarring undermines previous character development. I think they could have reset the status quo a little less abruptly by including a few panels at least acknowledging the characters recent past. It's fan service, I know, but the movie isn't out yet, so who do they think is buying this comic right now? Unless they just want to get six issues out so they can have a trade ready when the movie comes out.

Plus, the Future Foundation figured out for Cassie to come back which would have opened up some interesting story possibilities. I'm kind of bummed we'll never see that played out.