Marvel Previews Delayed

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

drew
Master Reviewer

Marvel Previews Delayed

Post by drew »

Just got this from DCBS, Boo, Marvel, getting my previews weeks or a month late is not cool:

We have been informed by Marvel Comics and Diamond Comics Distributors that the Marvel Previews catalog will be releasing a week late. Instead of being shipped with next week's books on March 25th, it will be shipped the week after, on April 1st. Customers shipping March 25th (fourth week) will receive their Previews catalog without the physical Marvel Previews included. This will not affect any customers shipping April 1st (first week) or later.

To remedy this, we have decided to make Marvel Previews available digitally on the day it ships. On April 1st, we are sending all Previews customers a link to a Marvel Previews PDF you can download. This will avoid any late ordering for those customers who rely on the Previews catalog to place their order with us. Customers will then receive the physical copy in their next scheduled shipment.

sigh...at least I get it digitally
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Re: Marvel Previews Delayed

Post by JohnMayo »

Consider that Marvel Previews should have been in stores 5 days from now, I'm guessing the copies simply didn't make it out of the printers in time to get to the Diamond distribution hubs in order to ship next week. Disappointing but DCBS' solution of sending a link to a digital copy works fine for me.

Comic Book Resources has the Marvel solicitation online already.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

JohnMayo wrote:Consider that Marvel Previews should have been in stores 5 days from now, I'm guessing the copies simply didn't make it out of the printers in time to get to the Diamond distribution hubs in order to ship next week. Disappointing but DCBS' solution of sending a link to a digital copy works fine for me.

yep, that is cool of them, but I cant dog ear the pages of a digital previews...I am a creature of habit
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

drew102e wrote:
JohnMayo wrote:Consider that Marvel Previews should have been in stores 5 days from now, I'm guessing the copies simply didn't make it out of the printers in time to get to the Diamond distribution hubs in order to ship next week. Disappointing but DCBS' solution of sending a link to a digital copy works fine for me.

yep, that is cool of them, but I cant dog ear the pages of a digital previews...I am a creature of habit
I think you can put bookmarks in PDFs. I have no idea what format the digital copy will be in so that may not matter at all.
bralinator
Special Reviewer

Post by bralinator »

This sort of stinks, but if it prevents another Marvel previews mishap like forgetting to solicit Secret Wars #1 when they were supposed to, then I am fine with it. Get it together Marvel...
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

Speaking of Marvel Previews and mishaps, I think this next Marvel Previews has Amazing Spider-Man #19.1 but not Amazing Spider-Man #19.
bralinator
Special Reviewer

Post by bralinator »

If true = #Facepalm
TJ602
Fan

Post by TJ602 »

With all these mistakes, you would think it was Marvel moving to California and not DC. :D
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

TJ602 wrote:With all these mistakes, you would think it was Marvel moving to California and not DC. :D
lol...