Convergence Multiverses

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

drew
Master Reviewer

Re: Convergence Multiverses

Post by drew »

RowdyFromScrubs wrote:Made it through Convergence #3, now I'm jumping out. I'll be picking up Question #2 & trying Crime Syndicate #1, but that is it. For me that is 15-20 DC titles down to two or three.
DC phoned this event in (for Me) I know some folks are liking it (good for them)

but I have so many problems with the event/minis up to this point

not looking forward to secret wars either
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

I ended up tapping out after #2, this just feels like nothing but filler to me.
RowdyFromScrubs
Contributor

Post by RowdyFromScrubs »

What happened to the Dark part of the DCU? Is Telos strong enough to wipe out Phantom Stranger & Spectre from different parts of the DCU?
doctormo
Reviewer

Post by doctormo »

Quick thought about Convergence about listening the latest podcasts. The zero issue should have done a better job of establishing the rules for the various cities and introducing the cities. Telos/Brainiac could have taken New-52 Superman on a tour of some of the cities.

Instead of having a bunch of random characters cohabiting in one city (for example Gotham) but never bumping into each other, Brainiac could have collected a bunch of cities from a particular period in the DC Multiverse and place them in their own borough. For instance, Brainiac could have collected several cities (Gotham, Metropolis, Central City, New York) from the Pre-Flashpoint DC Universe (week 1 titles). That way Superman and Lois Lane would have been in Metropolis, and Gotham City would be less crowded. More specialize cities such a 30th Century Metropolis, Flashpoint Gotham, or Follywood, Califurnia would have been in another borough.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

That sounds more interesting Lready
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

doctormo wrote:Quick thought about Convergence about listening the latest podcasts. The zero issue should have done a better job of establishing the rules for the various cities and introducing the cities. Telos/Brainiac could have taken New-52 Superman on a tour of some of the cities.

Instead of having a bunch of random characters cohabiting in one city (for example Gotham) but never bumping into each other, Brainiac could have collected a bunch of cities from a particular period in the DC Multiverse and place them in their own borough. For instance, Brainiac could have collected several cities (Gotham, Metropolis, Central City, New York) from the Pre-Flashpoint DC Universe (week 1 titles). That way Superman and Lois Lane would have been in Metropolis, and Gotham City would be less crowded. More specialize cities such a 30th Century Metropolis, Flashpoint Gotham, or Follywood, Califurnia would have been in another borough.
That would have started the story off stronger and by having different cities, it would have eliminated the "what are the odds" factor as well.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
doctormo
Reviewer

Post by doctormo »

Ironically I read Secret Wars issue two this morning and discovered that several of my suggestions for Convergence's zero issue are incorporated into this one (establishing some of the rules and the visiting some of the different zones).