Marvel Unlimited

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

fudd71
Master Reviewer

Marvel Unlimited

Post by fudd71 »

I know it has been discussed that we have several members who are Marvel unlimited subscribers. So I thought I would start a thread where people could talk about what they have been reading and enjoying from Marvel Unlimited.
drew
Master Reviewer

Re: Marvel Unlimited

Post by drew »

is Dr. Strange - the Oath on there, its one of the few BKV titles i haven't read
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

drew102e wrote:is Dr. Strange - the Oath on there, its one of the few BKV titles i haven't read

Issues #1-5 are, I don't know the series well enough to know if that is all of them or not.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

yep that's all of em
clobberin_time_bs
Contributor

Post by clobberin_time_bs »

I just re read the early 2000s Rogue series. I love Rogue but the X-Men team interactions reminded me how much I disliked the Austen/Milligan era of X-Men. Good read overall though.
bralinator
Special Reviewer

Post by bralinator »

It'd be awesome if all of the licensed stuff was in there too.

Godzilla, ROM, Further Adventures of Indiana Jones, and so on. Great app though, unless you only use Kindle.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

bralinator wrote:It'd be awesome if all of the licensed stuff was in there too.

Godzilla, ROM, Further Adventures of Indiana Jones, and so on. Great app though, unless you only use Kindle.
That is very unlikely. I'm not sure how much of that Marvel has the rights to even reprint in trade paperback.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
clobberin_time_bs
Contributor

I was looking through a bunch of Fantastic Four issues in the Marvel Unlimited app a few days ago, specifically the last 50-75 issues of the first volume and realized that there are a lot of those issued that are available at Marvel Unlimited and not available on Comixology. Do you guys know why or have any speculation on why they would make those issues available on their subscription service but not to those who would buy them individually?
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

clobberin_time_bs wrote:I was looking through a bunch of Fantastic Four issues in the Marvel Unlimited app a few days ago, specifically the last 50-75 issues of the first volume and realized that there are a lot of those issued that are available at Marvel Unlimited and not available on Comixology. Do you guys know why or have any speculation on why they would make those issues available on their subscription service but not to those who would buy them individually?
No idea. That does seem strange. It seems like it would be more profitable to put them in both places. There is additional work for the Comixology guided-view. Maybe that is the hold up.
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

I have not read much X-men ever. I just read Giant Size #1 and Uncanny #94-96. I really enjoyed those issues. Any X fan have any advice? Should I just keep going from where I'm at #97 etc.? A particularly good run I might want to jump too? Remember I enjoy the older 70s & 80s style story telling.
bralinator
Special Reviewer

Post by bralinator »

fudd71 wrote:I have not read much X-men ever. I just read Giant Size #1 and Uncanny #94-96. I really enjoyed those issues. Any X fan have any advice? Should I just keep going from where I'm at #97 etc.? A particularly good run I might want to jump too? Remember I enjoy the older 70s & 80s style story telling.
Wow fudd, enjoy the journey and carry onward.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

AWAKEN A GALAXY OF OVER 17,000 DIGITAL COMICS WITH STAR WARS AND MARVEL UNLIMITED-For a limited time, JOIN Marvel Unlimited AND ENJOY YOUR FIRST MONTH for FREE!

New York, NY— December 11th, 2015— Marvel Unlimited returns to a galaxy far, far away this December and to celebrate, for a limited time, Marvel Unlimited is offering new and returning subscribers their first month free. For the first month of a Marvel Unlimited monthly subscription, new and returning subscribers will be able to enjoy free access to the new Marvel Star Wars comics – Star Wars, Darth Vader, Princess Leia and Kanan: The Last Padawan and over 500 Star Wars Legends digital comic books along with over 17,000 other Marvel digital comics featuring your favorite Marvel Super Heroes!

Access this limited time offer by using the Promo Code FORCE at Marvel Unlimited Checkout and prepare for some of the greatest Star Wars comics featuring Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leia, Darth Vader, and many more! Marvel Unlimited is accessible on the web and through the Marvel Unlimited app on iPhone®, iPad® and Android™ devices.

New to the Star Wars and Marvel Universe and don’t know where to start? No need to worry! Marvel Unlimited subscribers have access to the DISCOVER section of Marvel Unlimited. Subscribers are now able to discover easy-to-follow avenues into the Star Wars and Marvel Universes by being able to search by their favorite storylines, characters or creators.

Additionally, the next generation of Star Wars comics is now available in Marvel Unlimited; beginning with the critically acclaimed and record breaking Star Wars #1 by Jason Aaron and John Cassaday. With a Death Star-sized catalogue of Star Wars content now available in Marvel Unlimited, there is no doubt that the Force is strong with this deal!
NDHorse
Contributor

Post by NDHorse »

Do issues go on and off of Marvel Unlimited (kind of like how movies rotate in and out of Netflix)? I am curious if I was into a long run and then suddenly they weren't there anymore.
clobberin_time_bs
Contributor

NDHorse wrote:Do issues go on and off of Marvel Unlimited (kind of like how movies rotate in and out of Netflix)? I am curious if I was into a long run and then suddenly they weren't there anymore.
I've never seen any disappear and have never heard of them doing so. I think once they're there they stay there.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

clobberin_time_bs wrote:
NDHorse wrote:Do issues go on and off of Marvel Unlimited (kind of like how movies rotate in and out of Netflix)? I am curious if I was into a long run and then suddenly they weren't there anymore.
I've never seen any disappear and have never heard of them doing so. I think once they're there they stay there.
For some reason I was thinking they rotated through. I'm glad to hear that doesn't happen. Has anybody done any sort of analysis to determine what percentage of the comics they have published are in Marvel Unlimited? Having that sort of information could be enough to get me to finally sign up for the service. I wonder if the Marvel API exposes that information.