Marvel Unlimited

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Re: Marvel Unlimited

Post by JohnMayo »

JohnMayo wrote:I wonder if the Marvel API exposes that information.
I just checked the online documentation and it does. So I should be able to dust off a Java program I wrote a while back and do that sort of analysis. I've got a few other projects in flight at the moment so I'm not sure when I'll have the time to do play around with this.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
ComicTrekker
Fan

Post by ComicTrekker »

As near as I can tell, every current mainstream Marvel issue (meaning everything but things like Max titles) gets put on Marvel Unlimited six months after original publication. I love that because if you look at the original release date of each issue, you can predict fairly closely when it will go in Marvel Unlimited. Regarding issues further back in time, Marvel is slowly but unpredictably filling in back issues.
Perseus
Reviewer

Post by Perseus »

Does Marvel Unlimited have Shang Chi and early Doctor Strange? It's just so cheap to read old Marvel digital it seems like.

I don't want trades that much since I only read them one time.
ChrisMyers
Contributor

Post by ChrisMyers »

Regarding Shangi Chi, the last time I checked that title was not available, probably because they just listed the hardcover collection for $125. Yikes. Thankfully DCBS had it for 50% off.
bralinator
Special Reviewer

Post by bralinator »

I'm wondering about Shang Chi. As I understand it, Marvel only has the reprint rights back for a limited time. Normally, I would say that if they are producing an omnibus then they are also making it available digitally in a few months, but that MAY not be the case here. Please let us know, since I have not adopted the Marvel Unlimited platform... yet.

I have ordered volume 1 & 2 of the Shang Chi omnis though.
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

bralinator wrote:I'm wondering about Shang Chi. As I understand it, Marvel only has the reprint rights back for a limited time. Normally, I would say that if they are producing an omnibus then they are also making it available digitally in a few months, but that MAY not be the case here. Please let us know, since I have not adopted the Marvel Unlimited platform... yet.

I have ordered volume 1 & 2 of the Shang Chi omnis though.
None of the Shang Chi issue issues are available.

As for the older (classic) Doctor Strange there are only a few random ones # 14, #58-62, #74 & #169-178
bralinator
Special Reviewer

Post by bralinator »

Looking at other recent omnibus releases, is Man-Thing, or Howard the Duck available yet?
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

bralinator wrote:Looking at other recent omnibus releases, is Man-Thing, or Howard the Duck available yet?
The Steve Gerber, Howard the Duck issues are all there. The Adventure Into Fear and Man-Thing issues only have Adventure Into Fear #16
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

fudd71 wrote:
bralinator wrote:Looking at other recent omnibus releases, is Man-Thing, or Howard the Duck available yet?
The Steve Gerber, Howard the Duck issues are all there. The Adventure Into Fear and Man-Thing issues only have Adventure Into Fear #16
Ask and you shall receive, a group of Doctor Strange, Vampire Tales and Adventure into Fear (Man-Thing) issues from the mid 70's were just added on Monday.
Perseus
Reviewer

Post by Perseus »

Last night I took the plunge and signed up for Marvel Unlimited. I already read Ms. Marvel #1-2, Ant-Man #1 by Nick Spencer, and almost finished Spider-Gwen #1 (art is a little weird in this one).

That low of a price point, I couldn't pass it up to see what Marvel is up to these days, and I also can check out a lot of classic material without having to fork over lots of money for trades or back issues I really don't need.

Tonight, I wanna read Deadpool and maybe check out some of the classic Doctor Strange that Sam was talking about.