May's Loot Crate Comic is...[Spoiler]

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

drew
Master Reviewer

May's Loot Crate Comic is...[Spoiler]

Post by drew »

And May's Loot Crate Comic is...
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
So Secret Wars might not be the top seller
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
clobberin_time_bs
Contributor

Re: May's Loot Crate Comic is...[Spoiler]

Post by clobberin_time_bs »

That's impressive then if the 500,000 sales figure Marvel keeps saying is true for Secret Wars #1. I was sure the would be a Loot Crate bump to reach that level of sales.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

There is a variant cover for Secret Wars #1 sketch cover for people that ordered the first three Comic Con Boxes and a variant cover of another issue (or cover) in the second Comic Con Box. so that might inflate the sales some too.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
clobberin_time_bs
Contributor

Post by clobberin_time_bs »

Yeah i saw that to but i doubt Comic Con Box had the subscriber base Loot Crate does (at least not yet). I wonder how many people are subscribed to that box?

On a related note, with all of these retailer variants being offered now days, is it noted in the monthly sales how many issues sold are these retailer variants? I assume they're counted as part of the regular sales even though the retailer has to put the money up front to commission the art for the cover.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

clobberin_time_bs wrote:On a related note, with all of these retailer variants being offered now days, is it noted in the monthly sales how many issues sold are these retailer variants? I assume they're counted as part of the regular sales even though the retailer has to put the money up front to commission the art for the cover.
Typically variant covers are lumped in with the regular cover in the sales data. If the variant cover has a different cover price, it gets listed individually.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive