Avengers: Age of Ultron

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

fudd71
Master Reviewer

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Post by fudd71 »

It has been a few weeks since the release and now that John and Kay have done an episode I thought it would be appropriate to have a thread to discuss the film.

Nice episode John and Kay! The Marvel film review episodes are some of my favorites.

I must admit I have mixed emotions on this film personally. After last year with Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy this Avengers film felt like a bit of a let down. It was a good movie but somehow didn't feel like the giant culmination point like the last Avengers film, it just kind of felt like another Marvel film and not necessarily one of their best or even most epic. Maybe I just enjoyed the last two so much it was a near impossible task to make another film as good.

Also is anyone else bothered by the Hulk and Black Widow dynamic. Not their relationship, that doesn’t bother me, but the nonsensical reference to the Marvel Studio’s 2008 Incredible Hulk film. With Black Widow and the lullaby is clearly a direct reference to Liv Tyler’s Betty Ross from that film, but seemingly ignoring all other parts of that film including the existence of Betty Ross, General Ross and the Abomination? I’m I the only one that feels this way? It is the one part of the Marvel films’ continuity that drives me nuts. They can either just ignore the 2008 film and pretend it didn’t happen or they can acknowledge it as having happened. But this sometimes acknowledgement but overall ignoring of it drives me nuts personally. Maybe I’m just nuts?

I would love to hears other thought and reviews on the film.
drew
Master Reviewer

Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron

Post by drew »

Spider as ultron was the highlight for me he really stole the show. Although I enjoyed this version of quicksilver the xmen version was much better and it was tough to get past that. I never fully grasped what powers scarlet witch had but I never really did in the comics either
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
. The vision origin was great and another favorite moment for me
I enjoyed this movie a bunch
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)