The Marvel .1 - Daredevil, Spidey, etc...

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

drew
Master Reviewer

The Marvel .1 - Daredevil, Spidey, etc...

Post by drew »

Just finished Daredevil 15.1 and thought it was really good, but more like an annual than a .1 and the recent Spider-man .1 learning to crawl was really just a miniseries in disguise

Wasn't the .1 a way to categorize a jumping on point for readers as opposed to the constant re-numbering?
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Re: The Marvel .1 - Daredevil, Spidey, etc...

Post by JohnMayo »

drew102e wrote:Wasn't the .1 a way to categorize a jumping on point for readers as opposed to the constant re-numbering?
Yes, it was. Now, apparently, it isn't.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
clobberin_time_bs
Contributor

Post by clobberin_time_bs »

I had to laugh when Marvel did this the first time on Amazing Spider-Man when the current volume started. I can't remember which editor it was (I'll try and find the article), but he received basically the same question and responded that they were doing it this way so that hard core Spider-Man fans would see it but more of the casual fans could skip it but still have a complete run of Amazing Spider-Man based on the whole numbers. Basically he was selling it on it's skip-ability (if that's a word).
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

Just listened to the latest mayo report and this very topic came - interesting
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)