Previews of the Post-Convergence DC Titles

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

doctormo
Reviewer

Previews of the Post-Convergence DC Titles

Post by doctormo »

Now that Convergence has ended, sorry no spoilers, we can look ahead to the DC Universe being reintroduced in June and July. I have been checking out the various previews trying to determine whether or not to add any titles. The links below may help others make up their minds.

1). CBR (all of the previews) - http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... c-universe

2). Comixology Account Holders (all of the previews) - https://www.comixology.com/search?search=dc+preview

I hope Marvel does something similar as Secret Wars reaches its conclusion.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Re: Previews of the Post-Convergence DC Titles

Post by JohnMayo »

I've considered doing some Publisher Spotlights on the new "DC You" titles covering all of the first issues not covered in the Weekly Comics Spotlights. The challenge is scheduling such an episode. Odds are I wouldn't have time to do it until after Comic-Con. Would such episodes still be of use at that point?
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
doctormo
Reviewer

Re: Previews of the Post-Convergence DC Titles

Post by doctormo »

Hi John,

I personally think it would be a beneficial to listeners. If you are looking at a mid-to-late July release, some of the titles such as Justice League United and Cyborg will just be starting (since they are behind held back). I think people who were burned by Convergence, and were dissatisfied with DC prior to the break will be looking for entry points. Plus people are probably so overwhelmed with the various big two stunts, they may not have the time or the resources to vet every Divergence/Post-New 52 title.