Weekly Comics Spotlight #407

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

bralinator
Special Reviewer

Weekly Comics Spotlight #407

Post by bralinator »

I really appreciate you guys going above and beyond by front-loading to compensate for John's travels and doing plenty of podcasts to keep the show going for your fans. I especially like the scenario of you reviewing books that aren't necessarily in your wheelhouse John.

I particularly enjoyed your reviews of Fight Club 2 #1. I'm much more in-line with Drew on his review, because I'm also a fan of the film. I actually reviewed this issue and the Dark Horse FCBD issue #0 (which kind of bridges the gap between the book/film and this sequel). If you're so inclined, you can read that over at Derek's blog, The Comics Alternative, here: http://comicsalternative.com/review-fightclub2/. I reckoned that the pills on the page were an artistic device to mimic the fog of the prescriptions he was taking. Most of the moments being covered by the pills were moments that may have triggered anger or a strong reaction, but the pills just kept doing what they were designed for. I liked it and thought it was creative and well drawn. Was a little surprised there was no mature warning label on it though.

I also just received the Ivar, Timewalker tpb from Valiant in my last DCBS order, but haven't had time to read it yet. It collects issues 1-4 and I've never read this character before. It was probably John's earlier endorsement of the character that made me jump in.
drew
Master Reviewer

Re: Weekly Comics Spotlight #407

Post by drew »

bralinator wrote: I particularly enjoyed your reviews of Fight Club 2 #1.
it had a few flaws but was the most interesting book I read that week; looking forward to the next chapter
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)