The D.C./Twix ad controversy

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

jacovny
Contributor

The D.C./Twix ad controversy

Post by jacovny »

I'm a bit surprised this still has traction, but I still hear it discussed on podcasts. If you're not aware, there has been much negativity from fans regarding D.C.'s placement of half-page, double-spread Twix ads featuring Nick Lachey within recent comics.

Here's a link to a photo: https://nothingbutcomics.files.wordpres ... 372&crop=1

My two cents: I like print comics and I want them to continue to exist. Anything that helps to propogate them, such as interior advertising, is a good thing. The ads don't bother me in the least. If anything, I'll pick up a Twix next time I'm at the grocery store to reward them for sponsoring comics that I like to read.
drew
Master Reviewer

Re: The D.C./Twix ad controversy

Post by drew »

jacovny wrote:If anything, I'll pick up a Twix next time I'm at the grocery store to reward them for sponsoring comics that I like to read.
agreed...we need some of that big advertising $$$ to trickle down to the comics medium
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
bralinator
Special Reviewer

Re: The D.C./Twix ad controversy

Post by bralinator »

If it means they lower the price, they can add several pages of ads.

Bring back the Hostess ads!!