Note to Sam: TMNT #51

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

Perseus
Reviewer

Note to Sam: TMNT #51

Post by Perseus »

As you already know, TMNT will not start over, so we will get #51. I'm very excited that there wasn't a relaunch.

Also, will you be reading the Batman/TMNT mini series?

Thoughts about the topics?
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Re: Note to Sam: TMNT #51

Post by fudd71 »

Perseus wrote:As you already know, TMNT will not start over, so we will get #51. I'm very excited that there wasn't a relaunch.
Yeah I too am thrilled by this, I wish the choice to relaunch was taken more seriously by more publishers. That being said, I thought I remember at one point there was suppose to be a relaunch. I don't know if I miss remembered, or IDW changed their mind.
Perseus wrote:Also, will you be reading the Batman/TMNT mini series?

Absolutely, there is no cross over I can imagine more in my wheel-house. I actually hadn't heard about it until this post and just looked it up. Looks like it will be 6 issues starting in November.
Perseus wrote: Thoughts about the topics?
Looking up the Batman crossover announcement I stumbled across an announcement for issue #50 I was unaware of. There is going to be a retailer incentive cover from a Jack Kirby sketch of the Turtles that has been inked by Kevin Eastman. I'm not much of a variant cover guy, but if I can find that at a reasonable price I might pick it up.
Perseus
Reviewer

Post by Perseus »

Jack Kirby sketch? That would be fantastic! I will have to look for it. I know my LCS owner friend is getting extra orders for #50.

I think IDW was planning on restarting, but maybe they thought better of it. Good for them! Fantastic series by IDW and the creators.

Also, they just started a Turtles in Time arc for the animated series on Nickelodeon. It really is a great series.
Perseus
Reviewer

Post by Perseus »

Sam, I heard you are a pro wrestling fan and a fan of wrestling podcasts!

I am as well. I love listening to Jim Ross, Austin, and Jericho.

I love when Jericho was interviewing Raven. I am a big ECW fan, and I'm a fan of the current Lucha Underground promotion.

Anyways, I'm excited to hear about the new Image comic, Ringside by Joe Keatinge. I was like, "oh a comic about professional wrestling?" I'm in!