Dec Marvel #1's

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

What are you going to be reading?

A-Force
12%
Hulk
8%
Guardians
12%
Daredevil
15%
Inhumans
12%
Uncanny X-Men
8%
Red Wolf
8%
Spidey
8%
Starbrand & Nightmask
4%
Scarlet Witch
8%
Patsy Walker/Hellcat
8%

Total votes: 26

RowdyFromScrubs
Contributor

Dec Marvel #1's

Post by RowdyFromScrubs »

So we have eleven new Marvel #1's coming out in Dec. I'm guessing only Totally Awesome Hulk, Daredevil, Uncanny X-men & All-New Inhumans make it to Dec 2016. What do you think? Green ones are going on my pull list, aren't & a maybe for me this round:

A-Force: Don't really care about anyone in the line-up of SHE-HULK. CAPTAIN MARVEL. DAZZLER. MEDUSA. NICO MINORU

Totally Awesome Hulk: I've liked Amadeus Cho & could be a cool change of pace

Guardians of Infinity: If I'm gonna read Marvel space comics, I'm grabbing one of the fantastic Star Wars titles

Daredevil: Always been interested in the character, but never really knew where a good jumping. #1 seems like a good spot

All-New Inhumans: Only because Marvel is pushing Inhumans & maybe it'll be worth something in five years

Uncanny X-Men: All in on Magneto leading a team consisting of Psylocke, Mystique, Fantomex and Sabretooth, along with other as-yet-unannounced team members

Red Wolf: Who?

Spidey: modern re-telling of old stories? I'll pass

Squadron Supreme: I'll give it an arc to see what it is

Starbrand & Nightmask: Nothing really doing anything for me on this one

Scarlet Witch: I doubt the title will last long, but could be a fun ride through a part of the Marvel U that I don't normally get into

Patsy Walker, AKA Hellcat!: If I want to read a story about a broke superhero, in NYC, just trying to get by; I know a different title I'm reaching for.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Re: Dec Marvel #1's

Post by JohnMayo »

I'll try all of them but sight-unseen I'm not sure if Spidey will stay on my reading list or not.

Squadron Supreme is the one I'm most looking forward to but I'm also very curious about Red Wolf. I liked the character in 1782.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

I am contractually obligated to sample them all but if I was to guess, daredevil may be the only one that sticks to my reading list...

guessing DCBS should have a sweet-a$$ bundle deal on them all
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
NiklasJ
Special Reviewer

Post by NiklasJ »

Definitely A-Force, Inhumans, Uncanny X-Men, Squadron Supreme, Red Wolf, except for RedWolf those should have no problem running longer than a year, Id imagine Daredevil and Hulk also got staying power if that is what the marvel-execs want...

Maybe Scarlet Witch, Patsy Walker/Hellcat, but I already have a bunch of new marvel comics to try out from the earlier month of exciting all-new all-different (though much-the-same) titles...
comicm
Master Reviewer

Post by comicm »

Buying all of them with the Marvel Bundle
www.geekbrunchpodcast.com - Geek Brunch
www.dcnoisepodcast.com (both available on iTunes via the iTunes store.)