Back Issue Spotlight #034 Topic?

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

bralinator
Special Reviewer

Back Issue Spotlight #034 Topic?

Post by bralinator »

John and Drew last did a Back-Issue Spotlight in April covering various issue #400's, which featured Sgt Rock, Avengers, and Uncle Scrooge issues. Before that, it was Earth One hardcovers with Sam back in January. I was just wondering if there have been any plans made yet for the next Back Issue Spotlight and what the theme might be.

Care to offer any hints? Of can the thread prowlers here make any suggestions? I suppose the theme will need to be something you have access to.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Re: Back Issue Spotlight #034 Topic?

Post by JohnMayo »

I've discussed doing Back Issue Spotlights with Sam on Crisis on Infinite Earths and Secret Wars. I've talked with Derek Royal about doing on on the Zenith series. I've also had some other discussions with some other people on other topics.

The big challenge is me coordinating with someone and finding the time to read the additional material. The Back Issue Spotlights can be fun to do but that take a bit of prep work and planning to make happen. I plan on doing more of them, I'm just not sure when.

If you guys have suggestions, please post them here on this thread.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

I would be interested In Doing early crossed or walking dead arcs if anyone is interested in those
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
bralinator
Special Reviewer

Post by bralinator »

drew102e wrote:I would be interested In Doing early crossed or walking dead arcs if anyone is interested in those
Drew, you are "all in" on Crossed, aren't you? HA!

I'd love to hear a Walking Dead discussion or Secret Wars back-issue spotlight. Those are great ideas. I've never read Zenith, but I know about it, that would be an interesting topic as well.

I think it would be interesting to do a back-issue spotlight on some property crossovers, whether it's Marvel/DC, IDW/DC, Dynamite, or even licensed properties. Just an idea.

Not volunteering, mind you.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

bralinator wrote:I think it would be interesting to do a back-issue spotlight on some property crossovers, whether it's Marvel/DC, IDW/DC, Dynamite, or even licensed properties. Just an idea.

Not volunteering, mind you.
It wouldn't take much arm twisting to talk me into a Back Issue Spotlight on the JLA/Avengers miniseries.

Obviously the previously mentioned scheduling challenges still apply. I'm a little behind on my new comics reading at the moment.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive