Hey Nerds-New Star Trek TV series to premiere in 2017

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

drew
Master Reviewer

Hey Nerds-New Star Trek TV series to premiere in 2017

Post by drew »

A new Star Trek television series will launch in January 2017, CBS has announced.

According to the show's website, it "will introduce new characters seeking imaginative new worlds and new civilizations".

The hugely successful show franchise celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2016.

"There is no better time to give Star Trek fans a new series," said David Stapf, president of CBS TV studios...

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-a ... e=facebook
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
NDHorse
Contributor

Re: Hey Nerds-New Star Trek TV series to premiere in 2017

Post by NDHorse »

I am very hyped for this. The rub is that it will only be available on CBS All Access, their online streaming platform. I already subscribe to Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime and if I keep adding new streaming subscriptions, then my savings from cancelling cable will go out the window. I guess I may just wait until it comes out on dvd and get it from the library.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

I'm looking forward to the new show.

I agree that having these sorts of shows split across multiple different streaming services is getting a bit costly.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

JohnMayo wrote: I agree that having these sorts of shows split across multiple different streaming services is getting a bit costly.
This is CBS trying to make AllAccess more than just a bludgeon when negotiating with cable providers for carrier fees. Other then that as a consumer service it is a complete failure to this point. My guess is the show will end up debuting on AllAccess and be quickly either sold into syndication (like all Star Trek shows since the Original) or even end up on the CW especially since CBS's side of shows on that network is way out of balance. Currently only two CBS shows airing on the CW and they are the two lowest rated shows.
RowdyFromScrubs
Contributor

Post by RowdyFromScrubs »

drew102e wrote:According to the show's website, it "will introduce new characters seeking imaginative new worlds and new civilizations".
Any hopes of when/where this would be set? I'd kind of like to see a new crew that would be Bolding going concurrently with the movie crew. Similar to Agents of SHIELD & the Marvel Movies, but good.