Marvel's New Jan #1's

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

RowdyFromScrubs
Contributor

Marvel's New Jan #1's

Post by RowdyFromScrubs »

So I'm thinking Dec is going to be the last month of #1's. I mean at least until about 6 months from now, when there are some mass cancellations. For sure,maybe & Nope

Old Man Logan Sorrentino art is worth the price alone
Captain Marvel Will give it a shot, but not big into Marvel Space stuff
Rocket Raccoon & Groot Didn't really like their last solo books
Spider-Man/Deadpool worth a shot, but Deadpool gets old fast to me
Silver Surfer never cared about him
Agents of Shield don't bother to watch the show either
Last edited by RowdyFromScrubs on Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
drew
Master Reviewer

Re: Marvel's New Jan #1's

Post by drew »

yeah, nothing looks too good on that list
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
NiklasJ
Special Reviewer

Post by NiklasJ »

Come on, Silver Surfer was one of marvels best titles before Secret Wars, Allreds and Slott have a good thing going. If you like the style of art.

Also Captain Marvel.

Everyone doesnt need to buy everything
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

NiklasJ wrote:Come on, Silver Surfer was one of marvels best titles before Secret Wars, Allreds and Slott have a good thing going. If you like the style of art.
yeah it was pretty good but i kinda think its run out of steam
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

NiklasJ wrote:Come on, Silver Surfer was one of marvels best titles before Secret Wars, Allreds and Slott have a good thing going. If you like the style of art.
Given we have comics for the 10, 11th and 12th Doctors and miniseries for the 9th and soon er 8th Doctors, it is an odd time for a very Doctor Who take on Silver Surfer.

That having been said, the title is well done even if the slant on the character is a little derivative.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
bralinator
Special Reviewer

Post by bralinator »

NiklasJ wrote:If you like the style of art.
I do not care much for Mr. Allred's style of art. I love the "Sentinel of the Spaceways" though. However, I think I'm going to sit this one out. I have the 'full run" from this creative team's last outing with the Surfer (all 14 issues!!...), but I'm not really feeling these new titles very much. Doctor Strange is intriguing mostly because of Jason Aaron, and other than the ongoing Star Wars titles, I only have Devil Dinosaur and Obi-Wan and Anakin to try out on my November DCBS order so far.

I'm so far behind on my reading as it is, and I just received my DCBS order which held a Mad's Original Idiots Complete Collection, Man-Thing By Steve Gerber Complete Collection, and my long-awaited Werewolf By Night Omnibus. I have PLENTY of reading to catch up on for a while.
doctormo
Reviewer

Post by doctormo »

RowdyFromScrubs wrote:So I'm thinking Dec is going to be the last month of #1's. I mean at least until about 6 months from now, when there are some mass cancellations. For sure,maybe & Nope

Old Man Logan Sorrentino art is worth the price alone
Captain Marvel Will give it a shot, but not big into Marvel Space stuff
Rocket Raccoon & Groot Didn't really like their last solo books
Spider-Man/Deadpool worth a shot, but Deadpool gets old fast to me
Silver Surfer never cared about him
Agents of Shield don't bother to watch the show either
Some additional January #1s include A-Force, Uncanny X-Men, and Captain Marvel. A-Force and Uncanny X-Men were delayed from December (http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/list ... 11-11-2015). The number #1s will continue into February. Miles Morales Spider-Man title is supposed to start. I think the new Black Panther comic may start in February too.
RowdyFromScrubs
Contributor

Post by RowdyFromScrubs »

doctormo wrote: Some additional January #1s include A-Force, Uncanny X-Men
Thanks for the updated info. I just looked at what was new on DCBS. Should we be worried at all about Uncanny X-Men, a book I'm looking forward to, being delayed already? Bunn is writing a handful of other books.
doctormo
Reviewer

Post by doctormo »

A bunch of All New All Different Titles have been delayed. The delays could be creator related or because of Secret Wars being delayed. Bunn's work load has lightened recently. Bunn quit Aquaman because of abusive comments made towards him (http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... men-member); Green Lantern Lost Army was canceled and replaced by a Green Lantern Corp title written by Tom Taylor. The only book he has at DC is Sinestro.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

doctormo wrote:Bunn quit Aquaman because of abusive comments made towards him (http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... men-member)
if all it takes is fan outrage to get creators to quit, how does marguerite bennet still have work