Good Luck, Chris!

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

SpideySavestheDay
Reviewer

Good Luck, Chris!

Post by SpideySavestheDay »

I discovered last Friday when searching through my regular list of comic podcasts that Chris Marshall has turned out the lights on the Collected Comics Library podcast.

His podcast and insights were always informative and interesting. I first heard him here on the Mayo Report-Trades. I like to wish him luck with his new business.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Re: Good Luck, Chris!

Post by JohnMayo »

Chris is a great guy and did an excellent podcast. While I'm sorry he shut down the Collected Comics Library, I completely understand and support his decision to do so.

Doing a podcast eats up a lot of time.

Personally, I've had a few other projects stall out because I haven't had the time to devote to them. Between the prep time, the recording, the editing and other post production work, it usually takes around four hours or work for each hour released of a podcast. Sometimes it takes less, sometimes it takes more.

I enjoyed talking with Chris every month when we did the Mayo Report: Trades episodes over the years. Those actually started out on his podcast as Trade Secrets episodes before moving over to the Comic Book Page podcast. I was saddened when he decided a while back to stop doing those but I completely understood and supported that decision too.

Chris has an open invitation to be on the Comic Book Page podcast and I wish him the best of luck on his post-podcasting endeavors.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
drew
Master Reviewer

Re: Good Luck, Chris!

Post by drew »

wait...podcasters can quit... :D
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)