Marvel's New Feb #1's

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

What do you plan on reading (can vote for multiples)

Avengers Standoff: Welcome to Pleasant Hill (one-shot)
20%
Deadpool & the Mercs for Money
20%
Power Man and Iron Fist
20%
Spider-Man
40%
X-Men: Worst X-Man Ever
No votes

Total votes: 5

RowdyFromScrubs
Contributor

Marvel's New Feb #1's

Post by RowdyFromScrubs »

Okay...apparently we're still not done with #1's yet. We probably won't be for a while either. Black Panther, Black Widow, Blade and Gamora haven't been solicit'ed yet. Could we see cancellations before everything is out? Yup, meh, no thanks

-Avengers Standoff: Welcome to Pleasant Hill #1: hmmm...nope, a $5 one-shot that's a preview for an Avengers event
-Deadpool & the Mercs for Money #1: Waiting to see how slap-sticky Deadpool is going to be this re-booting, if it's toned down maybe...also a miniseries
-Power Man and Iron Fist #1: never read any of this title, but Iron Fist's costume always seems odd for a street level hero
-Spider-Man #1: definitely willing to give this an arc or two trial
-X-Men: Worst X-Man Ever #1: looks like a goofy mini-series
NiklasJ
Special Reviewer

Re: Marvel's New Feb #1's

Post by NiklasJ »

SpiderMan looks good, sadly my list is full, cant take anymore...

There will always be new titles at Marvel so some/many/most will be short-lived.

We should do a poll on which of the #1-titles last 6, 12 or 18+ issues
RowdyFromScrubs
Contributor

Post by RowdyFromScrubs »

NiklasJ wrote:We should do a poll on which of the #1-titles last 6, 12 or 18+ issues
Everything is going to make a #6, just because Marvel will want to dump out a Trade. Half of my 13 through 18 issues are because, I think, the character will change: Bruce back to Hulk...etc. Don't know about the Avenger titles, as they could be re-numbered after every arc and/or roster change. The Wolvie books will either survive together or both get canceled to bring back "normal" Wolverine. Marvel could also force the Inhuman to stick around, but I'd bet their sales numbers will be bad. Hopefully I remember this is here come May 2016.

18+ Issue=18
INVINCIBLE IRON MAN, SPIDER-MAN, ALL-NEW ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS, NEW AVENGERS, CAPTAIN MARVEL, THE ASTONISHING ANT-MAN, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, MS. MARVEL, SILK, SPIDER-GWEN, SPIDER-MAN 2099, DAREDEVIL, AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D., OLD MAN LOGAN, ALL-NEW WOLVERINE, DEADPOOL, EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN, X-MEN

13 to 18 =7
THE TOTALLY AWESOME HULK,CAPTAIN AMERICA: SAM WILSON, DOCTOR STRANGE, THE MIGHTY THOR, ALL-NEW HAWKEYE, MOON GIRL AND DEVIL DINOSAUR, ALL-NEW X-MEN,

13 or less = 29
POWER MAN AND IRON FIST, UNCANNY AVENGERS, SCARLET WITCH, THE VISION, SQUADRON SUPREME, A-FORCE, THE ULTIMATES, NOVA, GUARDIANS OF INFINITY, STAR-LORD, ROCKET RACCOON & GROOT, HOWARD THE DUCK, SILVER SURFER, KARNAK, ALL-NEW INHUMANS, SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL, CARNAGE, SPIDEY, WEB-WARRIORS, SPIDER-WOMAN, WEIRDWORLD, HERCULES, RED WOLF, PATSY WALKER, A.K.A. HELLCAT!, HOWLING COMMANDOS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. , BLACK KNIGHT, STARBRAND & NIGHTMASK, THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL, ILLUMINATI, ANGELA: QUEEN OF HEL,
NiklasJ
Special Reviewer

Post by NiklasJ »

I added some from the february solicits. Remember when comics were able to change title without renumbering... I can see all avenger, x-men and inhuman titles tweaking their names every now and then which may or may not lead to new #1s further down the line. Many titles success will depend on how long they keep their creative teams, what happens to DrStrange when Aaron leaves for example.

6 ISSUES = 11, not bad, just DOA due to low interest
POWER MAN AND IRON FIST, SCARLET WITCH, THE VISION, GUARDIANS OF INFINITY, CARNAGE, PATSY WALKER, A.K.A. HELLCAT, HOWLING COMMANDOS OF S.H.I.E.L.D, STARBRAND & NIGHTMASK, ILLUMINATI, BLACK KNIGHT, DRAX

6-12 ISSUES = 15 (LESS THAN 13 =26), starts off as planned 12-issue maxi-series with options to extend but not likely
SQUADRON SUPREME, ANGELA: QUEEN OF HEL, SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL, SPIDEY, WEIRDWORLD, HERCULES, RED WOLF, MOON GIRL AND DEVIL DINOSAUR, ROCKET RACCOON & GROOT, THE TOTALLY AWESOME HULK, STAR-LORD, VENOM: SPACE KNIGHT, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS, THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL, KARNAK

13-18 ISSUES = 16, 1,5-2 year run similar to recent blackwidow/hawkeye/foesofspiderman/moonknight-series
THE ASTONISHING ANT-MAN, WEB-WARRIORS, SPIDER-MAN 2099, ALL-NEW HAWKEYE, DOCTOR STRANGE, UNCANNY AVENGERS, SILVER SURFER, ALL-NEW INHUMANS, THE ULTIMATES, HOWARD THE DUCK, NOVA, CAPTAIN AMERICA: SAM WILSON, NEW AVENGERS, OLD MAN LOGAN, SPIDER-WOMAN, SPIDER-GWEN

18+ ISSUES = 18, The backbone of Marvel
INVINCIBLE IRON MAN, SPIDER-MAN, ALL-NEW ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ALL-NEW WOLVERINE, DAREDEVIL, ALL-NEW X-MEN, EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN, X-MEN, AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D, UNCANNY INHUMANS, A-FORCE, THE MIGHTY THOR, CAPTAIN MARVEL, MS. MARVEL, SILK, DEADPOOL, THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN
HipHopHead
Reviewer

Post by HipHopHead »

RowdyFromScrubs wrote:
NiklasJ wrote:We should do a poll on which of the #1-titles last 6, 12 or 18+ issues
Everything is going to make a #6, just because Marvel will want to dump out a Trade
The old TPB consisted of 6 issues...today's TPB consist of 5 issues or even just 4 issues.

I was a fan of the Ultimate Universe...especially Spider-Man, so this may be my only title for me.

Another possible poll question "How long before a cross-over with another title?" For those books that will last to 12 issues...cross-over may occur in issues 8-12.