“LATE NIGHT WITH SETH MEYERS” WELCOMES MARVEL’S SANA AMANAT

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

drew
Master Reviewer

“LATE NIGHT WITH SETH MEYERS” WELCOMES MARVEL’S SANA AMANAT

Post by drew »

Set your DVRs

Tuesday, January 5th, Sana Amanat joins Seth Meyers to discuss what’s new from Marvel Comics

New York, NY – January 5th, 2016 – Marvel is excited to announce that on Tuesday, January 5th, at 12:35/11:35CT, Marvel’s own Sana Amanat will be joining Seth Meyers to discuss how Marvel reflects “the world outside your window”, what it’s like to help craft the Marvel Universe, and what’s coming up for Marvel Comics.

“Late Night with Seth Meyers” is home to A-list celebrity guests, memorable comedy and topical monologue jokes. It is hosted by Emmy Award-winning writer and one of the 2014 TIME 100, Time magazine’s 100 most influential people, Seth Meyers. Previously, Meyers served as head writer on “Saturday Night Live” and anchor on the show’s wildly popular “Weekend Update.”

An established comedian, Meyers is known for his perfectly-timed wit and off-the-cuff satire. Meyers' fellow "Saturday Night Live" cast member and friend Fred Armisen serves as music director/drummer for the house band, The 8G Band with Fred Armisen.

From Universal Television and Broadway Video, “Late Night with Seth Meyers” is executive produced by Lorne Michaels (“The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” “Saturday Night Live”) and produced by Michael Shoemaker (“Late Night with Jimmy Fallon,” “Saturday Night Live”).

Follow or like ““Late Night with Seth Meyers” on social media platforms Twitter and Facebook.

Follow Marvel on Facebook at www.facebook.com/marvel join in the conversation on Twitter with #Marvel and for all things Marvel, please visit marvel.com.
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
drew
Master Reviewer

Re: “LATE NIGHT WITH SETH MEYERS” WELCOMES MARVEL’S SANA AMA

Post by drew »

JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

How was it? its it worth checking out?
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

JohnMayo wrote:How was it? its it worth checking out?
nothing groundbreaking, but anytime comic book discussions are on legit network television it is worth a look since it rarely happens
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

drew102e wrote:anytime comic book discussions are on legit network television it is worth a look since it rarely happens
agreed
MrAloha
Special Reviewer

Post by MrAloha »

JohnMayo wrote:
drew102e wrote:anytime comic book discussions are on legit network television it is worth a look since it rarely happens
agreed
Drew,
Thank you for sharing the Youtube link.

Dear Drew and John,

Here is more from Seth Meyers interviewing Sana Amanat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpGuvOPx-N4

This "Late Night With Seth Meyers" interview was cool in a couple of ways.
They are:

1) Seth Meyers is a comic book fan.
He said during the interview he loves comics. That's cool!
Also, he and Bill Hader co-wrote the Spider-Man: The Short Halloween in 2009. Art by Kevin Maguire.

2) Sana did great public relations for Marvel during this interview on different levels:

a) Diversity in the comic book industry and in comics. Tom Brevoort could have done this interview.
But it was GREAT that Sana Amanat did this interview.

She might be the new face for Marvel Comics something similar to Joe Quesada in the 2000's. I know Joe Quesada appeared on the Stephen Colbert show (Episode Air date: 1/29/2008).

b) Promoting their comics. They talked about Ms. Marvel and Secret Wars mini/maxi series.
SECRET WARS! I don't think most of America knows what this mini/maxi series is. BUT they do now. I don't think this interview may bump up sales but it would be nice.
Note: Secret Wars #9 comes out next week Wednesday, January 13.

c) A clear message to old and, hopefully, new readers: All New, All Different Marvel is not a REBOOT! I can hear most of the audience go "Reboot?" And me and most of us comic book readers saying, "Wait a minute! What about....."

d) Selling Marvel Comics. To me, Sana ended the interview perfectly by saying, "Watch the movies. Read the comics."

I know most of us have problems with Marvel (price hike on Howard The Duck #3 (That's Crazy!) at $4.99 because of a Gwenpool back up story (Okay! I blinked and bought a copy) and the long delays on Secret Wars). But I think this interview was a BIG win for Marvel Comics.

Again, Sana did great PR work for Marvel!

Aloha!
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

Thanks for the overview of the interview.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

MrAloha wrote:Here is more from Seth Meyers interviewing Sana Amanat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpGuvOPx-N4
thanks jason thats a much more substantial interview