Previews Spotlight #100 (Feb->Apr) Deadline: Sat AM, Feb 6

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

GABE!
Special Reviewer

Re: Previews Spotlight #100 (Feb->Apr) Deadline: Sat AM, Feb

Post by GABE! »

MrAloha wrote:
GABE! wrote:I just got my Previews today. So hopefully, after being on the board and a listener for years, I'll send in my first clip.
Gabe,

Have fun making your clips. And mention your comic book store where you pick your comics.

I look forward to hearing your clips.

Aloha!
Thanks. I did have a fun time making my clips last night. Might consider doing this more often.

I did mention that I get my books through DCBS. Even though I manage a comic book store here in Las Vegas, I prefer to order the titles that I want to keep as well as omnibus and absolutes from DCBS because I get a much bigger discount that way. sssssshhhhhh (don't tell anyone.)
GABE!
Special Reviewer

Post by GABE! »

JohnMayo wrote:
Agreed. An absolutely amazing turnout. I'll be honest, when I saw mention of 100 clips I wasn't worried because I didn't think it would happen.

I was completely wrong about that.

The total currently stands at 96 clips and the episode is going to be around 2 1/2 hours long.

p.46 (Gabe) Aliens Defiance #1
Sweet! it looks like my first clip will be the first clip of the show.

I'm going to take a break for lunch. That means if a few more clips come in in the next hour or two, they can get included in the episode and it might meet or exceed 100 clips.

If you are going to send in another clips or two, please email me so I know what to expect and when to expect it.

Again, an absolutely amazing turn out this month. Thanks!

I'm stuck at work with no way of making any recordings, or else I would totally record a few more clips just so we would reach that 100 mark.
MrAloha
Special Reviewer

Post by MrAloha »

JohnMayo wrote:
The total currently stands at 96 clips and the episode is going to be around 2 1/2 hours long.
Dear John,

WOW! 96 clips. That's awesome!

If I didn't work today, I probably would have submitted more clips to hit the goal of 100 clips.

Drew,
Mahalo (Thank you) for setting the goal to send in 100 clips for this anniversary episode.

John,
Mahalo for all your hard work in putting this all together.

I can't wait to hear the episode.

Aloha!
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

We were close enough to 100 clips that I went ahead and records four extra clips myself to hit the goal. In the process of doing that, I ended up adding a fairly expensive item to my order but that is just one of the risks of editing the Previews Spotlight...
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
bralinator
Special Reviewer

Post by bralinator »

JohnMayo wrote:We were close enough to 100 clips that I went ahead and records four extra clips myself to hit the goal. In the process of doing that, I ended up adding a fairly expensive item to my order but that is just one of the risks of editing the Previews Spotlight...
Haha. That's awesome, John. Looking forward to the episode even more. Will probably have to listen to it in stages though!~
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

bralinator wrote:Will probably have to listen to it in stages though!~
Go ahead and plan on that. The finished episode is just shy of three hours...
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
MrAloha
Special Reviewer

Post by MrAloha »

JohnMayo wrote:We were close enough to 100 clips that I went ahead and records four extra clips myself to hit the goal. In the process of doing that, I ended up adding a fairly expensive item to my order but that is just one of the risks of editing the Previews Spotlight...
John,
That's cool that you added more clips.

JohnMayo wrote:Go ahead and plan on that. The finished episode is just shy of three hours...
I can't wait to hear this treasury-size, anniversary episode.

Aloha!
MrAloha
Special Reviewer

Post by MrAloha »

GABE! wrote:
MrAloha wrote:
GABE! wrote:I just got my Previews today. So hopefully, after being on the board and a listener for years, I'll send in my first clip.
Gabe,

Have fun making your clips. And mention your comic book store where you pick your comics.

I look forward to hearing your clips.

Aloha!
Thanks. I did have a fun time making my clips last night. Might consider doing this more often.

I did mention that I get my books through DCBS. Even though I manage a comic book store here in Las Vegas, I prefer to order the titles that I want to keep as well as omnibus and absolutes from DCBS because I get a much bigger discount that way. sssssshhhhhh (don't tell anyone.)
Dear Gabe,

Thank you for responding.

If you don't mind, what is the name of your comic book store?
I have a co-worker who goes to Vegas, I think once year, and, if he has time, goes to some of the local comic book shops.

Aloha!
GABE!
Special Reviewer

Post by GABE! »

MrAloha wrote:
Dear Gabe,

I have a co-worker who goes to Vegas, I think once year, and, if he has time, goes to some of the local comic book shops.

Aloha!
I mange MaximuM Comics. We have 4, yes 4, stores in the Las Vegas area. I'm at the Henderson store dubbed "Store 2.0"

It would really cool if your co-worker were to make it in on his trip. Hopefully his trip is in June. We have the Amazing Las Vegas comic convention then and that show is very well put together. There is also an Amazing Hawaii Comic Con as well. I'm which island it's on, but you should check it out if you get that opportunity.
bralinator
Special Reviewer

Post by bralinator »

Great episode everyone! That was a lot of fun. It helped me beef up my order this month. And we'll done, Jason. You took my favorite schtick and slipped in a fun music/sfx - that made me laugh. Loved it.

Let's all do it again in 4 weeks :)

What did you guys add to your order based on this episode? Right off the top of my head, I know I added "Rough Riders" to my order.
Joe3c
Fan

Post by Joe3c »

What did you guys add to your order based on this episode? Right off the top of my head, I know I added "Rough Riders" to my order.
I haven't finished listening yet, (I am in the back half of the catalog part of the show), but here is what I have added so far.

Action Comics #51, Batman #51, Moon Knight #1, Astonishing Ant-Man #7, Mighty Thor #6, & Silver Surfer #4. I didn't add Extraordinary X-Men #9, but I did order the first trade based on Jason's recommendation.

Rough Riders does look great, I ordered that one as well.
ChrisMyers
Contributor

Post by ChrisMyers »

Joe3c wrote:
I haven't finished listening yet, (I am in the back half of the catalog part of the show), but here is what I have added so far.

Action Comics #51, Batman #51, Moon Knight #1, Astonishing Ant-Man #7, Mighty Thor #6, & Silver Surfer #4. I didn't add Extraordinary X-Men #9, but I did order the first trade based on Jason's recommendation.

Rough Riders does look great, I ordered that one as well.
Great episode John. So far I have added Superman #51, Guns of the Black Bat #1 and Goldie Vance #1. I'd have to say the episode did it's job.
Joe3c
Fan

Post by Joe3c »

Just finished. What a great episode!
Also add Guns of the Black Bat to the items I ordered because of the Previews spotlight.
Awesome job everybody!
MrAloha
Special Reviewer

Post by MrAloha »

GABE! wrote:
MrAloha wrote:
Dear Gabe,

Aloha!
I mange MaximuM Comics. We have 4, yes 4, stores in the Las Vegas area. I'm at the Henderson store dubbed "Store 2.0"

It would really cool if your co-worker were to make it in on his trip. Hopefully his trip is in June. We have the Amazing Las Vegas comic convention then and that show is very well put together. There is also an Amazing Hawaii Comic Con as well. I'm which island it's on, but you should check it out if you get that opportunity.
Dear Gabe,

I'll let my co-worker to stop by MaximuM Comics on Henderson, Store 2.0, the next time he goes to Vegas. And If I am in Vegas, I'll try to stop by your store.

Also, I got to post the Amazing! Hawaii Comic Con dates and Writers and Artists coming down on the forum. I'll post it on the forum next week.

Thank you for recommending Aliens: Defiance. The art on Previews page 47 is amazing!

Again, thank you for the recommendation.

I hope to hear more of your clips on future Previews Spotlight episodes.

Aloha!
MrAloha
Special Reviewer

Post by MrAloha »

bralinator wrote:Great episode everyone! That was a lot of fun. It helped me beef up my order this month. And we'll done, Jason. You took my favorite schtick and slipped in a fun music/sfx - that made me laugh. Loved it.

Let's all do it again in 4 weeks :)

Dear Chris,

I really enjoy your clips. It's cool that you add a sound track or a short clip from a movie to them. It's fun listening to your clips.

And I really enjoy the bits of information you add to your clips that are short and to the point; such as, Miracleman: The Silver Age #3.

I'm glad you loved the Ant-Man clip. I plan to do more clips like that in the future.

I added Aliens: Defiance (Gabe's recommendation) to my DCBS order. (There goes the budget. Ha. Ha.) The art on Previews page 47 is amazing!

Until next month,
Aloha!
Last edited by MrAloha on Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.