12 Monkeys Round Table

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

fudd71
Master Reviewer

12 Monkeys Round Table

Post by fudd71 »

Thanks John & Kay I loved the 12 Monkeys episode!! The Terry Gilliam film is one of my favorite films and while the show was very different I also really enjoyed the show. Also I want point out to you guys have impeccable timing! For Hulu Plus subscribers all thirteen episode are available streaming as of today. So any listeners that happened to have heard the podcast and haven't seen the show it is now available that way.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Re: 12 Monkeys Round Table

Post by JohnMayo »

fudd71 wrote:Also I want point out to you guys have impeccable timing! For Hulu Plus subscribers all thirteen episode are available streaming as of today. So any listeners that happened to have heard the podcast and haven't seen the show it is now available that way.
I'd love to claim I planned it the timing of the episode release that way. But I didn't. I just kind of worked out.

The official website for the show has a great timeline diagram of the time travel trips for each episode.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
alienal121
Fan

Post by alienal121 »

I saw the 12 Monkeys Round Table episode pop up in my iTunes queue and I thought "Now, that's a movie I hadn't seen for awhile. And they made a TV show out of it?" Well, my entertainment choices are limited here in Japan (they now have hulu and Netflix but I don't have a way to pay for them) so I went out and found the movie at a "Book Off" (a chain used bookstore) and I basically pirated (shhhh!) the TV series off the 'net. It took me about a week to watch it all both at home and during breaks at work. I agreed with everything you and your sis said about the show. But the review seemed a bit shorter than usual? Plus, you usually talk about the actors more. Without actually looking them up I know the guy who played Cole is the guy who played...ehh...forgot his name...in X-2, the flaming guy. And of course, the guy who played Ramsey was on Fringe and another recent sci-fi type show that I forget. Seems like he always dies...Oh! He was in Walking Dead Season 4 or 5. Anyway, thanks for introducing me to great new entertainment! They're really going to do another season? Wow...
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

Most of the actors were new to me. I didn't recognize the guy from X2. I haven't seen Fringe and I don't watch Walking Dead.

That episode was the same basic length as Librarians Season 2, Dark Matter Season 1 and some of the other television episodes. Basically, the episodes go for as long as we have something worth saying.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive