Recording a Q&A episode on 2016-03-02

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

bralinator
Special Reviewer

Re: Recording a Q&A episode on 2016-03-02

Post by bralinator »

JohnMayo wrote:I'm surprised nobody has suggested the term "fortnightly" yet...
Very clever suggestion!
alienal121
Fan

Post by alienal121 »

Oops, I'm writing this a few days after listening. I think I had some more questions at that time, but now I just remember that I enjoyed the episode and I hope to hear more. Oh, one follow-up question I would have is: Since you mentioned that you don't watch broadcast TV, have you or your sister ever watched The Big Bang Theory? If so, I wonder what you think of it. I initially got into it because of all the geek/nerd/sci-fi and other pop culture references. However, I think the quality of the comedic aspects of the show has decreased for the last few years, but I'm still enjoying the journey of the characters. I came into the series VERY late (probably around 2013 or so?) but we now get the DVDs over here and I found some pirate TV stations that show the new ones.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

I wasn't into the Big Gang Theory initially but enough people I knew were talking about it that I checked it out. It is okay. I am not a huge fan of sitcoms in general as there is minimal character growth over time. I don't think it shows geeks in a great light. The more geeky the character the more they are played for laughs. Which, of course, is the point of a sitcom. After a while, I grew bored with the show and I haven't watching it in years.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
alienal121
Fan

Post by alienal121 »

JohnMayo wrote:I wasn't into the Big Gang Theory initially but enough people I knew were talking about it that I checked it out. It is okay. I am not a huge fan of sitcoms in general as there is minimal character growth over time. I don't think it shows geeks in a great light. The more geeky the character the more they are played for laughs. Which, of course, is the point of a sitcom. After a while, I grew bored with the show and I haven't watching it in years.
Oh, sorry that I'm just now seeing this. You typed "Big Gang Theory"...Haha, was that a joke? Anyway, yeah, I'm finding that many "geeks" feel they are being made fun of, but I wonder why I don't feel that. Maybe it's because I see the jokes as making fun of the stereotype, but not of the real people I know. I guess it could bore people, but I love the occasional "Easter Eggs" ...example, seeing them try to get SDCC tickets.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

alienal121 wrote:Oh, sorry that I'm just now seeing this. You typed "Big Gang Theory"...Haha, was that a joke?
No joke, just a typo.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive