Your favorite online resources for back-issues?

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

bralinator
Special Reviewer

Your favorite online resources for back-issues?

Post by bralinator »

Thought this might be a valuable resource for anyone seeking to fill in some holes in their comic collections. My go-to sites for back issues listen in the order of preference are:

comiccollectorlive.com
newkadia.com
mycomicshop.com
atomicavenue.com
midtowncomics.com
wwcomics.com
comicconnect.com
comixzone.com
comicbookemporium.com

Then for High Grade or CGC comics, check out:
pedigreecomics.com

And there's always ebay.com
drew
Master Reviewer

Re: Your favorite online resources for back-issues?

Post by drew »

very cool, I like comic collector live but haven't used some of the others
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

I've used a couple of those in years past. Typically when I'm looking for back issues I use mycomicshop.com.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
Joe3c
Fan

Post by Joe3c »

I really like mycomicshop.com. Is newkadia good? I thought they seemed on the pricey side.
bralinator
Special Reviewer

Post by bralinator »

Joe3c wrote:I really like mycomicshop.com. Is newkadia good? I thought they seemed on the pricey side.
Yeah, Newkadia is usually higher than I want to pay. I used to use mycomicshop, but my main resource is usually comiccollectorlive or atomicavenue
Joe3c
Fan

Post by Joe3c »

bralinator wrote: Yeah, Newkadia is usually higher than I want to pay. I used to use mycomicshop, but my main resource is usually comiccollectorlive or atomicavenue
Thanks! I will check it out!
jacovny
Contributor

Post by jacovny »

I like the wide selection and pricing variety of Mile High Comics, although their user interface has gotten less user-friendly over the years.
NDHorse
Contributor

Post by NDHorse »

I know this isn't online, but I was amazed when I was at C2E2 this past weekend (and I am sure most larger cons are like this) and I saw multiple retailers each with over 100 long boxes of comics all priced at $2 an issue (and even cheaper for bulk purchases). I found all sorts of stuff, even older stuff going back to old Justice League of Americas in the 100s.

I know this is not as easy to get to, but if you get to one, bring a large backpack and stock up.
erickowabunga
Reviewer

Post by erickowabunga »

Yes, C2E2 had some great back issue digging (Alley Cat comics had a wall of normally $4-$5 books for $1 each. Wizard World Chicago has a much larger back issue supply, but the venue is more crowded, so that can be a bit detracting.

I am not sure how close to Chicago you live, but up in Milwaukee every quarter we have Mighty Con: http://geekinccomics.com/mighty-con-milwaukee-wi/

This is a much smaller show, but is almost all back issues, both priced high end, as well as 50 cent and $1 diggers. Our shop always has three tables at Mighty Con, and we usually bring between 5-20k $1 issues, along with sets and higher ticket items. Lots of great finds!