Previews Spotlight #102 (Apr->Jun) Deadline: Sat AM, Apr 9

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

MrAloha
Special Reviewer

Re: Previews Spotlight #102 (Apr->Jun) Deadline: Sat AM, Apr

Post by MrAloha »

Dear Gang,

Here are a couple more solicits for June.
They are:

Legendary Comics: http://www.firstcomicsnews.com/?p=196653

Aftershock Comics: http://www.firstcomicsnews.com/?p=196312

Thank you Dr. Mo and Joe for posting other solicits for June.

Aloha!
bralinator
Special Reviewer

Post by bralinator »

Last edited by bralinator on Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

I started going through the 2016-04 Previews listings and found a number of big ticket items this time around. Looks like it might be an expensive month for me... :shock:
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
bralinator
Special Reviewer

Post by bralinator »

JohnMayo wrote:I started going through the 2016-04 Previews listings and found a number of big ticket items this time around. Looks like it might be an expensive month for me... :shock:

DITTO
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

JohnMayo wrote:I started going through the 2016-04 Previews listings and found a number of big ticket items this time around. Looks like it might be an expensive month for me... :shock:
Titan has quite an impressive slate of books, they have come a long way since Number Cruncher
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
GABE!
Special Reviewer

Post by GABE! »

Here are the full DC Comics solicits for June. Including the new DC Rebirth comics.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/28/ ... dcrebirth/
RowdyFromScrubs
Contributor

Post by RowdyFromScrubs »

MrAloha wrote: Here is my first pick:

Image Comics: Paper Girls #6 by Brian K. Vaughan and Cliff Chiang
NEW STORY ARC!
Aloha!
I'm ALL in on Paper Girls! It is just pure BKV goodness. Hopefully more people will start picking it up.
doctormo
Reviewer

Post by doctormo »

I plan on submitting clips for the DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH #1, WONDER WOMAN: REBIRTH #1, AND WONDER WOMAN #1. This is in addition to the two Image titles I listed earlier.

Thank you Gabe! for posting the DC solicits.
MrAloha
Special Reviewer

Post by MrAloha »

RowdyFromScrubs wrote:
MrAloha wrote: Here is my first pick:

Image Comics: Paper Girls #6 by Brian K. Vaughan and Cliff Chiang
NEW STORY ARC!
Aloha!
I'm ALL in on Paper Girls! It is just pure BKV goodness. Hopefully more people will start picking it up.
Dear RowdyFromScrub,

I agree with you that hopefully more people will start picking this up.

Aloha!
MrAloha
Special Reviewer

Post by MrAloha »

GABE! wrote:Here are the full DC Comics solicits for June. Including the new DC Rebirth comics.

Dear Gabe,

Thank you for posting the DC solicits.

I hope you are going to send in some clips for this episode.

Aloha!
MrAloha
Special Reviewer

Post by MrAloha »

Billy,

I look forward to hearing your clips on the new Superman family titles.

Aloha!
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

GABE! wrote:Here are the full DC Comics solicits for June. Including the new DC Rebirth comics.

FYI, Drew and I discussed the DC Rebirth listings at the end of the Weekly Comics Spotlight #450.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

Here are the Comic Book Page picks of the month:

IDW

ACTION MAN #1
John Barber (w) • Paolo Villanelli (a) • Chris Evenhuis (c)
ACTION MAN IS DEAD—LONG LIVE ACTION MAN! He’s the world’s greatest special agent… until he dies saving the planet, with all the world’s eyes on him. Now his young protégé has to step into the role—whether he’s ready or not!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

LAZARUS #22
STORY: GREG RUCKA
ART / COVER: MICHAEL LARK
JUNE 15 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.99
NEW STORY ARC! “CULL," Part One—There are fifteen families fighting to control the world. That’s fourteen too many. The time has come for the cull.

SYMMETRY #5
STORY: MATT HAWKINS
ART / COVERS A & B: RAFFAELE IENCO
JUNE 15 / 32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $3.99
NEW STORY ARC! Twenty years later, the child of Michael and Maricela is alone, apart, and different from every other human on the planet. She works with the artificial intelligence to try and create real, lasting change.

OTHER PUBLISHERS

ACTION LAB ENTERTAINMENT

SUPER HUMAN RESOURCES #1
(W) Ken Marcus (A) Armando M. Zanker (CA) Justin Bleep
The sequel to the sold-out, indie hit is finally here. Welcome back to the HR department of the world's greatest super team. Super Crises International has been infiltrated by sinister forces. And stupidity. Lots of stupidity. Cover by Justin Bleep. Variant by Gabriel Hardman (Hulk, Agents of Atlas, Invisible Republic.)
QUOTE: "This is the comic you never knew you were waiting to read." - Comic Book Resources (STL007484)
BLEEP COVER—32pgs, FC SRP: $3.99
HARDMAN COVER—32pgs, FC SRP: $4.99

AFTERSHOCK COMICS

THE REVISIONIST #1
(W) Frank Barbiere (A/CA) Garry Brown
New Series! How far would you go to save reality? Martin Monroe is The Revisionist — a time-traveling assassin tasked with repairing our fractured timeline. Forced to place his trust in his estranged father, Martin will have to overcome his troubled past to save the future — but can he live with his decisions? Join the all-star creative team of writer FRANK J. BARBIERE (Five Ghosts, Avengers World), artist GARRY BROWN (Black Road, The Massive), and colorist LAUREN AFFE (The Paybacks, Turok: Dinosaur Hunter) for the first chapter of an all-new action/sci-fi adventure about fathers, sons, and time travel!
32pgs, FC $3.99

AUTOMATIC PICTURES PUBLISHING

CON MAN'S SPECTRUM #1
(W) Pj Haarsma, Alan Tudyk (A/CA) Sarah Stone
The survivors of a brutal alien invasion converge on the last military base on Earth. Ambushed and outgunned, pilot Cash Wayne and Captain James Raaker have to figure out how to escape in a spaceship no one has ever flown! Firefly stars Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion explore the world of "Spectrum," the cancelled-too-soon show-within-a-show from their hit web series, Con Man! (STL006721)
SARAH STONE COVER A—32pgs, FC $3.99
COLLEEN DORAN COVER B—32pgs, FC $3.99
PHIL NOTO COVER C—32pgs, FC $3.99

BOOM! STUDIOS

LUMBERJANES/GOTHAM ACADEMY #1
(W) Chynna Clugston-Flores (A) Rosemary Valero-O'Connell
(CA) Mingjue Chen, Brooke Allen
What’s to Love: We adore DC’s Gotham Academy and it’s been on our wish list to have them somehow meet the Lumberjanes. From the great characters to the fun stories, we saw a world in which these two groups could coexist. Fast forward and here we are—the crossover event we’ve dreamed about and can’t wait to bring to you!
What It Is: Something sinister is happening at a mysterious building deep in the woods, drawing the Lumberjanes and the Gotham Academy kids separately to investigate. Is it a weird cabin? An abandoned asylum? The two groups band together to find out what exactly is going on. Featuring a connecting subscription cover by Brooke Allen!
32pgs, FC (1 of 6) $3.99

STRANGE ATTRACTORS #1
(W) Charles Soule (A) Greg Scott, Soo Lee
(CA) Greg Scott, Scott Newman
What’s to Love: Writer Charles Soule (Daredevil, Civil War) crafted a mind-bending story about how chaos math kept New York City from collapsing under itself. Presented for the first time as a limited series, each oversized issue of Strange Attractors features 30 pages of content, including new, never-before-seen bonus story pages.
What It Is: Dr. Brownfield believes that a series of cataclysmic events are coming to New York City, and someone has to keep the city safe after he’s gone. Enter Heller Wilson, a brilliant mathematics student, who discovers that his ailing, perhaps insane, mentor has been saving New York City from societal collapse by a series of “adjustments,” a la the Butterfly Effect. But now, all signs point toward an impending disaster. Can Wilson take what little he’s learned and save the city in time?
32pgs, FC (1 of 5) $3.99

CHAPTERHOUSE COMICS

NORTHGUARD #1
(W) Anthony Falcone (A/CA) Ron Salas
Leaping from the pages of Captain Canuck comes Northguard, Canada's newest super-hero! His first mission: Track down The Aurora Dawn, a mysterious cult hoping to bring about the end of the world! Chapterhouse Comics' Captain Canuck reboot has garnered praise and critical acclaim, now see our take on another clas-sic Canadian superhero, Marc Shainblum and Gabriel Morrisette's Northguard! (STL007034) (C: 0-0-1)
COVER A—32pgs, FC $3.99
COVER B—32pgs, FC $3.99
BLANK COVER—32pgs, FC $3.99
MEGO COVER—32pgs, FC $3.99
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

Oh you guys keep drawing me back in, I'll do:

Action Comics #957
Batman:Rebirth