Comics printed or digital?

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

mth47621
Passerby

Comics printed or digital?

Post by mth47621 »

Do you prefer comics in the traditional printed versions or the digital versions? If you have the time could you take this anonymous survey? https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JBS93TX
drew
Master Reviewer

Re: Comics printed or digital?

Post by drew »

would love to see your survey results - interesting stuff

Digital for me
Last edited by drew on Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

I'd like to see the results too.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
SpideySavestheDay
Reviewer

Post by SpideySavestheDay »

Thanks for sharing the link. By the way - printed for me.
erickowabunga
Reviewer

Post by erickowabunga »

Printed for me.

Also, I don't know if I understood question 14 correctly. I wasn't sure if it was related to why I prefer certain comics over others, or if I preferred a characteristic of myself over another.
RowdyFromScrubs
Contributor

Post by RowdyFromScrubs »

I'm floppy-copy right now but thinking about going more half & half. It is really a space issue for me. I'm probably around 15-20 books a month and that adds up over time. Plus I don't know if I need physical copies of, my personal, second tier books like International Iron Man, Catwoman, Lucifer...etc. I probably pull real copies of classics (& possibly worth something someday) like Batman, Justice League, Walking Dead and then just other books I love: Ant-Man, Paper Girls, Thor.
HipHopHead
Reviewer

Post by HipHopHead »

I love the smell of printer comic and I still collect printed comics, but I prefer read my books digitally. In addition, there is the ease when traveling to literally have hundreds of books available on a tablet.

As one who was introduced to comics in the 1970s...couldn't beat 5 comics for $1, I find myself buying a lot of Marvel and DC digital books from that era when Comixology has a sale.

I would curious to know how people would identify themselves; reader/collector or investor.

I would identify as a collector/reader or reader/collector, I never bought any of my comic books with the intention of selling for a profit.
RowdyFromScrubs
Contributor

Post by RowdyFromScrubs »

HipHopHead wrote: I would curious to know how people would identify themselves; reader/collector or investor.
I'm probably all three. I have a Batman #1 Vol 2, which is worth $80-$100 (really wish I had an Overstreet Guide handy :))...the profit-taker in me says sell it, but I never will. But I just flipped a group of Walking Dead 150 variant covers for 3 times cover price. For me it helps off set the financial impacts of collecting. Plus it's fun for me to speculate, plan & then watch it blow-up in my face. Speaking of that: anybody looking to overpay on some Wytches #1's?...'cause I got a few :D
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

HipHopHead wrote:I would curious to know how people would identify themselves; reader/collector or investor.

I would identify as a collector/reader or reader/collector, I never bought any of my comic books with the intention of selling for a profit.
I am very much a reader/accumulator. I'm not tracking the value of my collection. I track what I have not because I want to know how large my collection is but because I can't remember what I do and don't have and hate re-buying a comic I already have.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
ChrisMyers
Contributor

Post by ChrisMyers »

I would classify myself as simply a reader. About twelve years ago I got rid of my almost 3000 issue collection and since then as I finish a comic it goes in the get rid of pile. When the pile gets to be about 100 issues high they get packed up and donated either to Comics for Soldiers or Goodwill. I know this isn't for everybody but it's very freeing for me.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

RowdyFromScrubs wrote: For me it helps off set the financial impacts of collecting. Plus it's fun for me to speculate, plan & then watch it blow-up in my face. Speaking of that: anybody looking to overpay on some Wytches #1's?...'cause I got a few :D
no buy mine first :) I keep thinking I can figure out the formula so I can get paid to collect comics...so far it hasn't worked out that way
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)