San Diego Comic Con coming to a TV or computer near you!

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

MrAloha
Special Reviewer

San Diego Comic Con coming to a TV or computer near you!

Post by MrAloha »

Dear Gang,

Syfy will be broadcasting live from this years San Diego Comic Con, or Comic Con International. I know the old G4 channel use to to do it. See link below.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... ernational

I think it's cool for guys like me that may not get a chance to go to Comic Con.

I know Comic Con HQ (Comic-Con International in San Diego and Lionsgate partnership) has a subscription video-on-demand service that will show most of the Hall H panels, if movie studios gives the okay to stream it.
See link below.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... sentations

My Two Cents!

Overall, I think, it would be great for comic book shops owners to have this coverage playing in their stores. The reasons are: 1) to see what it's like to be at Comic Con; 2) be able to talk about breaking news right then and there in the shop; and 3) maybe, bring in new customers. For example, if someone is a fan of the movies or TV shows, they may not buy the comics BUT they may buy a Walking Dead Trade Paperback, or they may buy an action figure or the funko pop.

The down side to this maybe: 1) Cost. The subscription cost, pay for extra staff, and providing refreshments for customers who want to watch the live coverage; and 2) Space for customers to sit down or hang out to watch the live coverage.

But this may be a win-win for the store and for the customers.

That's My Two Cents.

Aloha!
thomasf2220
Passerby

Re: San Diego Comic Con coming to a TV or computer near you!

Post by thomasf2220 »

Thanks for the link. I've always wanted to attend the conference. Now I can watch Comic-con right from my home. :)