A warning about the DC Rebirth Special

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

doctormo
Reviewer

A warning about the DC Rebirth Special

Post by doctormo »

Just a little heads up as you visit various comic book related sites. Apparently spoilers for the DC Rebirth Special were released on Reddit. This created a domino affect. Sites such as Newsarama, IGN, and Bleeding Cool have posted a lot of spoilers. According to a writer at the site Moms Read Comics, someone posted spoilers to the DC All Access App too. I saw that Newsarama released a non-spoiler review of the issue.
drew
Master Reviewer

Re: A warning about the DC Rebirth Special

Post by drew »

Now I gotta go into a media blackout until next wednesday
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
SpideySavestheDay
Reviewer

Post by SpideySavestheDay »

I'm irritated to no end about this need for individuals and comic news sites to be the first to spoil. Pathetically narcissistic.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

Thanks for the warning.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

Turns out I was not able to avoid all of the spoilers for DC Universe Rebirth #1. A coworker accidentally spoiled an aspect of the story the day before it was released. I've likewise hit spoilers on two different television series and another comic book story.

For those that might not know, this forum does have spoiler tags which are very easy to use:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER: DC Universe Rebirth #1
This is a safe way to post a spoiler for DC Universe Rebirth #1.
I recommend being a little generous in the use of the spoiler tag. Better to spend a little extra time on the side of caution that just figuring everybody has read everything you've read.

I'll probably talk a bit about spoilers when Drew and I record the Weekly Comics Spotlight on Tuesday. That episode will include discussions on DC Universe Rebirth #1 and Captain America: Steve Rogers #1.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive