Comic Book Page Skype Teleconference May 28th 7pm Central

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

GABE!
Special Reviewer

Comic Book Page Skype Teleconference May 28th 7pm Central

Post by GABE! »

Ok, everyone. This Wednesday is Previews Wednesday, so that means the following Saturday May28th is our monthly Skype call. This is a open invite to one and all to log into Skype and join in on the conversation. There's no set theme or discussion topics just fun and chatting about anything and everything.

We start at 7pm central time (5 pacific) and it runs until it's over. You're more than welcomed to jump in or out anytime. John is the host so look up his Skype name: Thejohnmayo or mine Gabeinfinitywatch.
GABE!
Special Reviewer

Re: Comic Book Page Skype Teleconference May 28th 7pm Centra

Post by GABE! »

See, uh I mean hear, everyone tomorrow. Lots of great things have happened in the comics industry since the last call. So there should be plenty to discuss.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

I should have some reading time before the call tomorrow anything i should try to read between now and then?

I've read DC Universe: Rebirth #1 after getting a second copy locally. My DCBS box arrives this evening.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
GABE!
Special Reviewer

Post by GABE! »

JohnMayo wrote:I should have some reading time before the call tomorrow anything i should try to read between now and then?

I've read DC Universe: Rebirth #1 after getting a second copy locally. My DCBS box arrives this evening.
Justice League #50 had some cool reveals and something involving the Joker. But that was also touched in Rebirth #1. Which I need to finish reading.
GABE!
Special Reviewer

Post by GABE! »

And the new Steve Rogers Capital book had a big spoiler reveal too
SpideySavestheDay
Reviewer

Post by SpideySavestheDay »

I haven't read Rebirth or JL 50. Should I call in at a certain time to avoid spoilers or avoid the conference all together?
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

SpideySavestheDay wrote:I haven't read Rebirth or JL 50. Should I call in at a certain time to avoid spoilers or avoid the conference all together?
I would say please join us, we can not discuss those books or simply do so at a time you aren't present. Very few people are on for the entire call.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

Don't let fear of spoilers cause you not to join the conference call. We typically ask the people on the cal if they have read what might get spoiled before potentially spoiling something and if someone hasn't read it, we avoid the spoilers.

And, for what it is worth, I have read Justice League #50 and just read Captain America: Steve Rogers #1. This is the first week I've read two of the comics for a Weekly Comics Spotlight before I've even editing the previous episode. Even so, I still wasn't faster enough to avoid spoilers.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive