LBCC 2012

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

BobBretall
Master Reviewer

LBCC 2012

Post by BobBretall »

Who's going to be at Long Beach?

I know LA Rabbit & his Mrs. will be there. So will Trever Chapman.

Anyone else in the LA/OC area?
Last edited by BobBretall on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

LONG BEACH, CA (October 2, 2012) – For the fourth consecutive year, Long Beach Comic & Horror Con welcomes the Eisner Award-winning IDW Publishing to the show on November 3-4, 2012. IDW continues its support for the fans of Long Beach by having an amazing presence at the Show.
I like seeing one of the more established publishers at the show.
Trev
Master Reviewer

Post by Trev »

When is it? I've got a trip to Pasadena coming up.
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

Trev wrote:When is it? I've got a trip to Pasadena coming up.
Sat & Sun Nov 3-4
http://www.longbeachcomiccon.com/
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

I have yet to miss one of these great shows, and will be there again this year. If you are in the Southern California area this is a very fun show to consider.
yensid4disney
Contributor

Post by yensid4disney »

I am going, and will be working at The Hero Initiative booth. However, this year I will also have my 14 year old nephew with me on Saturday! This will be his first comic-con (we went to an official Star Wars convention in LA about 5 years ago and he really enjoyed that, so now we're moving on to bigger things), so I am hoping to show him around and find one or two things that he can get up in the Santa Barbara area fairly easily.

Also, Valiant will be there as well as IDW. That is very good for this local con!

Bob, we meeting up for dinner again?
HipHopHead
Reviewer

Post by HipHopHead »

I am making plans to be there. Been awhile since I have been to convention.
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

yensid4disney wrote: Bob, we meeting up for dinner again?
I'm up for it!
yensid4disney
Contributor

Post by yensid4disney »

Just wanted to ::BUMP:: this up, so we can discuss who will be there.

I will be there with my godson (his first comic convention!). I will be at the Hero Initiative booth from 2-4 on Sat and 2-5 on Sun, so anyone can feel free to stop by!

Also, if Bob wouldn't mid actually organizing it, I am all about meeting for either lunch or dinner.

Lastly, what is everyone looking for at this con? I want to meet Len Wein and get him to sign my Wolverine 100 Project! And hoping to get Marv Wolfman to sign my Crises on Infinite Earth TPB, right next to George Perez's autograph. Probably looking for a few sketches on my Blank Marvel covers as well, but I'll decide that later in the week.
GABE!
Special Reviewer

Post by GABE! »

I'm tempted to go. There's a few guest I would like to meet
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

GABE! wrote:I'm tempted to go. There's a few guest I would like to meet
It's a good show! Doesn't your wife have family in the Long Beach area you can stay with?
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

yensid4disney wrote: Also, if Bob wouldn't mid actually organizing it, I am all about meeting for either lunch or dinner.
I've got to look at a panel schedule....lunch is tougher since you never know when the Islands across the street is just going to be PACKED!

I think doing dinner at Famous Dave's BBQ after the show closes is something we can plan on though.
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

Bob's plans for LBCC 2012 --> Wow! They have significantly ramped up their panel content. LOTS of things I'm interested in seeing this time!

Saturday
12:00 p.m.– 12:45 p.m. Rm 103AB
IDW PRESENTS!
IDW has a lot going on in 2013. Come hear their plans, and ask Marketing Guru Dirk Wood the questions that are burning for answers. With the IDW editorial team.

1:00 p.m.– 1:45 p.m. Rm 103AB
SPOTLIGHT ON BATTON LASH
Batton Lash, the creator of Supernatural Law talks about the evolution of his series from a weekly newspaper strip to a comic book to graphic has also written Radioactive Man stories for Simpsons Comics and on self-publishing vs. work for hire, dealing with Hollywood, and how he came to write the infamous Archie Meets the Punisher.

2:00 p.m.– 2:45 p.m. Rm 102C
ART OF BROM
An in-depth, behind-the-scenes look at Brom’s artistic journey.

3:00 p.m.– 3:45 p.m. Rm 102C
WILLIAM STOUT - A LIFE OF ADVENTURE
William Stout has worked as a comic book artist, theme park designer, book illustrator and more. He has lived all over the world, including four months spent drawing Antarctica. With every place and project there are stories. Come

5:00 p.m.– 5: 45 p.m. Rm 103AB
THE DEVASTATOR’S GEEK COMEDY JAMBOREE
The funny guys and gals at Los Angeles-based The Devastator –– The Comedy Magazine for Humans! –– are big geeks. Come laugh uproariously as they show off the best of the magazine’s nerdy-brand of pop culture mockery and satire. Hosted by comedian Asterios Kokkinos editors Geoffrey Golden and Amanda Meadows, along with surprise special guests, for a presentation of The Devastator’s greatest hits: see the unfortunate adventures of Steampunk Inspector Gadget, meet Doctor Who’s worst companion ever, and much more!

6:00 p.m.– 6:45 p.m. Rm 104A
RAW STUDIOS VIDEO SHORTS & Q&A
Thomas Jane and Tim Bradstreet screen their Punisher Dirty Laundry, along with Jane’s Six Billion Dollar Man development trailer, and video visuals of their Death From A Shattered Hand. Also, Dirty Laundry behind the scenes! Followed by Q&A.

I've never been disappointed with a Tom Jane panel, this crazy SOB is extremely entertaining.....

7pm - Dinner @ Famous Dave's
Note: If people are not interested in the Tom Jane panel, they can head over to Dave's early & get a table, I'll join at 7pm.
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

Sunday
11:00 a.m.– 11:45 a.m. Rm 103AB
THE FUTURE OF VALIANT
Come hear all of the exclusive news & announcements behind the next great happenings in the Valiant Universe! Featuring Joshua Dysart Harbinger Dinesh Shamdasani, this is the one-and-only place to discover what 2013 holds for Valiant’s greatest heroes.

1:00 p.m.– 1:45 p.m. Rm 103AB
THE ART OF THE COMIC COVER WITH TIM BRADSTREET
Tim Bradstreet talks about the ingredients needed to create successful cover art. Bradstreet also discusses some of his personal favorites. Surprise moderator! Followed by Q&A, time permitting.

I'm guessing the "surprise" moderator will be Tom Jane.
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

Con Guests I'm interested in:
Neal Adams (always good to hear espouse his crazy theories, even though his commissions are $$$$ out of my comfort zone)
Tim Bradstreet (I need to bring my page from Dragon Chiang to be autographed)
Brom
Brian Buccellato
Howard Chaykin
Mike Choi
Amanda Connor
Josh Fialkov
Jim Mahfood
Mike McKone
Steve Niles
Jimmy Palmiotti
Richard Starkings (I'm always up for some Elephantmen!)
Len Wein
Marv Wolfman
Bernie Wrightson